- 1 cup water about 110 degrees
- 1 package active dry yeast (2½ teaspoons)
- 1¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Coconut oil for frying (or any vegetable oil)
- Powdered sugar for coating
- Mix together the yeast and water.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour and salt.
- Once the yeast is creamy combine with the flour/salt mixture.
- Cover with saran and let sit for about an hour.
- Dough should double in size and become very airy.
- About 45 minutes into letting the dough sit you can start the fryer and heat to 375.
- Using your hand or a spoon plop the dough into the oil
- about a teaspoon size for smaller and tablespoon for bigger.
- Turn once and then once golden brown drain on paper towel.
- While hot and still oily shake them in a bowl filled with copious amounts of powdered sugar.
Latest posts by Courtney (see all)
- Folgers Vanilla Latte Ice Cream with Mini Chocolate Chips - July 6, 2015
- Mango Strawberry Banana Smoothie with Ready Pac Bistro Bowl Salads - July 6, 2015
- Simply Sundays Link Party #20 - July 5, 2015