- 1 cup water about 110 degrees
- 1 package active dry yeast (2½ teaspoons)
- 1¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Coconut oil for frying (or any vegetable oil)
- Powdered sugar for coating
- Mix together the yeast and water.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour and salt.
- Once the yeast is creamy combine with the flour/salt mixture.
- Cover with saran and let sit for about an hour.
- Dough should double in size and become very airy.
- About 45 minutes into letting the dough sit you can start the fryer and heat to 375.
- Using your hand or a spoon plop the dough into the oil
- about a teaspoon size for smaller and tablespoon for bigger.
- Turn once and then once golden brown drain on paper towel.
- While hot and still oily shake them in a bowl filled with copious amounts of powdered sugar.
Latest posts by Courtney Lopez (see all)
- Affordable and Adorable Clothes for Back to School with OshKosh B’gosh® - September 2, 2015
- Gluten Free Cheerios ™ No Bake Oatmeal Bites Recipe - September 1, 2015
- Simply Sundays Link Party 28 - August 30, 2015