Fresh Produce from the Market

124 Flares Twitter 4 Facebook 1 Pin It Share 0 Google+ 0 StumbleUpon 119 124 Flares ×

I love going to the Produce Market every weekend and stocking up on stuff that we need in the house. I used to live closer to Hammonton NJ before marrying Chris and I loved going to the local farmers and buying there. They don’t have many farms where I live now, but I prefer going to a produce market rather than a grocery store because of the price.

I’m not getting the great deals that I used to when I bought from the local farmers. ($5 for a bucket of tomatoes which was over 5lbs) When I visit family I always make sure to stop by where I used to go especially when I’m in the area. There’s nothing like fresh berries!

Fresh Produce

Today I picked up a few things including,
Asparagus, Carrots, Celery, Parsley, Cilantro, Leeks, 2 – Onions, 3 – Scallions, 3 – Zucchini 2 – Tomatoes, Peeled Garlic, 2 -Strawberries, and 3 – Black Berries.

I can’t survive a week without my blackberries.. They’re my favorite berry!

Blackberries

I hope by going to the market I save a little more than I would have at my local store. I know the quality is good so that makes me happy! How do you purchase your produce?

How much do you think my trip cost?

Pin It

23 Responses to “Fresh Produce from the Market”

1. #
    Tricia @Night owl mama — November 7, 2011 @ 2:48 am

I usually purchase produces at the supermarket

2. #
    Brandi — November 7, 2011 @ 5:31 am

I’ll say 15

We love going to our farmers market! Almost everything is out of season now though so they start reselling stuff from the grocery store LOL

3. #
    Cat Davis - Food Family Finds — November 7, 2011 @ 6:21 am

It’s odd but it seems like it always costs me more when I go to the farmer’s market … we only have it available during the summer months. But I go anyways because the produce is so fresh and I love supporting local farmers.

4. #
    prettymeggy — November 7, 2011 @ 11:47 am

i like your blog!!! i’m your new follower and hope to hear more from you. take care, greetings from Italy. xoxo, Haus of Gala

5. #
    blueviolet — November 7, 2011 @ 12:54 pm

I hardly ever go there because I don’t think their prices can beat the grocery stores, but their produce really is fresher and nicer. Maybe it’s worth the trade-off so I guess I’d better start going again! And blackberries….yum!

6. #
    Donna — November 7, 2011 @ 1:42 pm

I love our Farmer’s Market!

7. #
    cookiesANDclogs — November 7, 2011 @ 11:31 pm

I have no clue :) I’ve only been to the farmer’s market a few times and last time there were worms coming out of the blackberries and the peach started to mold after 2 days. Looks like you got a great haul though!

8. #
    Anne - Mommy Has to Work — November 8, 2011 @ 12:30 am

I wish my family would eat more fresh foods!

9. #
    Allison — November 8, 2011 @ 12:23 pm

Oh nothing looks as good as Fresh produce!

10. #
    Tammy — November 8, 2011 @ 2:50 pm

I’ve started to pick up a few fresh items each week. It costs a little extra, but I pick things I can use for several meals.

11. #
    Penelope — November 8, 2011 @ 3:28 pm

I’m inspired to head to the fruit market today!

12. #
    That Bald Chick — November 8, 2011 @ 3:38 pm

Looks like some great produce! I would venture a guess that you spent about $17, but only because you have several things of berries in that loot!

13. #
    Courtney — November 8, 2011 @ 11:55 pm

Thanks for all the comments. I actually spent $19. Hubby calculated that I would have spent close to $33 at our local grocery store. The county we live in has prices that are through the roof!

14. #
    Marcie W. — November 9, 2011 @ 1:57 am

Everything looks gorgeous. We don’t have a market like that in Las Vegas minus a once a week Farmer’s Market where everything is from California.

15. #
    Crystal Gibson — November 11, 2011 @ 5:19 pm

I wish fresh fruits and veggies weren’t so expensive. We usually turn to frozen varieties to save some money. Next year, we are going to plant a small garden in our back yard. I miss the fresh foods from my parents’ garden.

16. #
    Cat Davis - Food Family Finds — November 12, 2011 @ 7:24 am

I thought of you today when I was in the store and saw these HUGE blackberries, I almost bought some but realized I didn’t know what I’d do with them.

17. #
    Courtney — November 12, 2011 @ 3:50 pm

Too funny Cat, I eat them too quickly before I could do anything with them!

18. #
    Hil'Lesha — November 12, 2011 @ 6:13 pm

I love going to the farmer’s market.

19. #
    Simply Being Mommy — November 12, 2011 @ 6:40 pm

You would think living in the country that I’d be able to shop at a farmers market or something similar but there is absolutely nothing in my area. We buy everything at our local supermarket.

20. #
    Laurie — November 14, 2011 @ 4:03 am

This all looks wonderful, I love having my fridge stocked with fresh fruits ans veggies.

21. #
    April Decheine — November 14, 2011 @ 12:40 pm

Nothing is better then a farmers market or growing it yourself! Love it..

22. #
    Zippy — January 16, 2012 @ 3:37 am

I have a little farmstand around the corner and I go weekly. Everything is so fresh and beautiful.

23. #
    Anne - Mommy Has to Work — January 17, 2012 @ 1:35 am

Gotta love fresh veggies!