Baby Registry Must Haves

Share on YummlyPin on Pinterest0Share on Facebook1Share on StumbleUpon11Share on TumblrTweet about this on Twitter8Share on Google+0Email this to someone

I’m really not the type to set up a registry.  We never made one for our wedding, because it just gives me a weird feeling to ask for things.  Since this is our first baby, I figured it was okay since so many people told me to make one.  Being a first time mom and picking things out isn’t easy.  Not easy at all.  The most difficult thing to pick out is a bottle, which you’d think would be the easiest!  So I’m going to share a few of my registry picks and would love your opinions.

After many reviews (love amazon for that) we picked out the Motorola Digital Video Baby Monitor with 3.5 Inch Color LCD Screen for our monitor.

Again many reviews, the best of the best is a hospital grade Breast Pump, but really over $1,000?  The Simplisse Double Electric Pump seems like a good choice.  Especially since they say that you won’t experience tugging and pain like other pumps!
Now here is one that I’m absolutely stumped on.  I plan to breastfeed Sweet Baby, and honestly all the reviews are pretty much the same.  There’s good and bad with every bottle.  I just want something that won’t cause nipple confusion.  We picked out the Born Free Classic Bottle Gift Set, and we’re hoping it’s good.  There’s a lot of pieces to clean.  Hopefully they’re worth all the hassle.
My husband wasn’t really into the purse looking diaper bags, so that’s why we chose the

Skip*Hop Bento Ultimate Diaper Bag.  The Skip Hop brand is highly recommended.  What do you think?

Our first choice for a car seat was the Chicco Keyfit 30, then when we went to register and see it in person we quickly changed our minds.  The Canopy on the Chicco was just too short for us.  The Graco SnugRide 35 Infant Car Seat is exactly what we want for our Sweet Baby, no confusion on this one!

Humidifier?  We are so clueless.  We had recommendations from Buy Buy Baby to get a Sharper Image one and then came home and the reviews were not good at all.   So we chose the Crane Cool Mist Drop Shape Humidifier.

Then of course, who doesn’t have a Boppy?  We fell in love with this cute little Owl Boppy!

We added a few other things, but there are the things that we feel that are a must.

There’s also a few things we already have that are also must haves!

The Boba Baby Carrier is going to be perfect.  I know I’ll always want baby close to me, and this is a perfect way to achieve that.

After testing out many different strollers we felt that the Britax B-Agile was not only smooth, but lightweight and ideal for our family.  We plan to use this with an adapter for our Graco Car Seat.

What worked for you?  What was a total fail?  Is there one thing you wish you had, or wish you didn’t get?  Let us know! :)
Get Social

Courtney Lopez

Founder/Editor at Courtney's Sweets
Family, Food, and Photography are Courtney's passions and you'll see all of that on this blog.She married Chris in summer of 2008 and they had Sweet Baby summer of 2012.Sweet Baby has a rare food allergy called FPIES, which Courtney discusses frequently.She also loves to do car reviews, so check those out too!
Get Social

Latest posts by Courtney Lopez (see all)

Comments

1. shannon says

We loved the Born Free bottles, really not a hassle with all the parts. I had the Keyfit 30, loved how easy the base was to attach with LATCH. It’s rated very highly for ease of use, important considering 80% of seats are installed incorrectly. If I had to do it all over again, I would get a less expensive one, with just a 22 pound limit as I took David out of it at about 7 months and he’s only 26 pounds at 20 months. The money I’d save from a less expensive seat I would then put toward a good convertible. I have the Marathon 70, which I love. He’s still rear facing at nearly 2.

Something else we had was a stroller with an attachable bassinet, really nice for taking walks so baby can be fully laying down, which is preferable to being in an infant seat. I would tightly swaddle him, put him in and he would sleep.for a long time, getting fresh air. If i had to, would bring the whole prams inside so he could continue sleeping. If not an attachable bassinet, then a stroller that fully reclines.

2. says

I love your list. If I could add a few…
    Aden and Anais blankets are the best out there
    The Woombie – is better than any swaddler out there and doesn’t limit mobility (which can cause hip issues)
    My Brest Friend – Like a boppy – but a must for breastfeeding (I still used both just for different reason.)
    Lansinoh – the only breast cream on the market that works (again I don’t know if you are planning to BF – but I am guessing by the pump you are…)
    Moby and Ergo baby carriers – I love both so much!

3. says

I use Born Free bottles and LOVE them (I used Dr. Brown’s with my previous two — I find the BF bottles much easier).

Second the Aden and Anais blankets — I adore those and still use them now, even at 8 months. They are awesome.

4. says

This is great for the wee little baby stages, but 3 or 4 mnths pass quickly and before you know it they want to sit up to watch you, and you actually find that you may need to put them down while you run to pee 😉
    When my kids were small I just used a bouncing chair but once they reached about 5 months, I loved having a Bumbo!
    AND the skip*hop bags are wonderful!

5. says

I think that’s a great list but I have to tell you that I am in LOVE with the Tommee Tippee bottles. Few parts to clean, they make feeding on the go a breeze, and they really seem to mimic the natural alternative.

I’ve seen brand new Medela pumps on Amazon at a fraction of the retail cost.

I’m also crazy about my Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag! (I bought it new off ebay).

Congrats!

6. says

We love our Crane humidifier and I really want a second one in case we have more than one sick baby at the same time. My sister will also be using the Britax B Agile and although her son isn’t here yet, she loves it already.

7. says

That’s a great list. We have (and love) the Crane Humidifier and the Britax B Agile! We also have the Chicco Key Fit and while we love it, I definitely agree that the canopy is a huge turn off!

8. says

A baby bag is such a must. I didn’t think so before I had my first child, but after I had him, I never went anywhere without one. I was so happy my mom had bought me one that lasted for both of the kids.

9. says

As the oldest of eight kids I can tell you that BornFree bottles are AWESOME. You won’t regret buying them. They are sturdy, don’t leak, and are just amazing. My mom has always used the Ergo baby carrier, but your entire list looks awesome!!

10. says

If you have missed on the flagship Samsung Galaxy S3 mini due to any particular reason, here’s your chance. The
    iPhone 5 Deals should be yours, and it arrives with a 4” Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen producing an impressive resolution of 480 X 800 pixels & 233 ppi density. Beneath the screen, users can discover three keys, which are touch sensitive Menu & Back keys & a normal Home key. The screen gives up to 16million colors & multi touch. The handset in question sports a primary snapper of 5 MP with LED flash which permits users to click photographs up to an impressive resolution of 2592 x 1944 pixels & shoot HD videos of 720p at 30 fps.

11. says

Upon impact, it slows the opponent and explodes into an area of effect
    ability damaging nearby enemies. Let me start off by saying that I am a female gamer that loves gadgets, and I use and abuse my equipment when playing MMOs.

The answer is hidden somewhere in the garbs of time.

12. says

What i don’t realize is in fact how you’re no longer actually a
    lot more well-preferred than you may be right now. You are very intelligent.
    You already know therefore considerably on the subject of this topic, produced me for my part
    imagine it from so many varied angles. Its like women and men are not involved until it is one thing to accomplish with
    Woman gaga! Your personal stuffs outstanding. At all times
    deal with it up!

13. says

We’re a gaggle of volunteers and opening a brand new scheme in our community.
    Your web site offered us with helpful info to work on.

You have performed an impressive activity and our whole neighborhood
    can be thankful to you.

14. says

With havin so much content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright violation?

My site has a lot of completely unique content I’ve either created myself or outsourced
    but it looks like a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without
    my authorization. Do you know any ways to help stop content from being stolen?

I’d definitely appreciate it.

15. says

Have you ever thought about creating an ebook or guest authoring on other sites?

I have a blog centered on the same topics you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information.

I know my audience would value your work. If you are even remotely interested,
    feel free to shoot me an e mail.

16. says

They are seeking to hire and individual who is able
    to manage the farm office, when needed, and also to act
    as a Yard Manager. It’s amazing to think that imported horses are loaded into airplanes and flown across the world, but that’s how thousands of horses enter the country every year.
    This can absolutely be cherished by many people who
    always continue touring.

17. Renee Smith says

I had my last baby in 2012 and chose many of the same items as on your list. I has a medela pump tho and liked it a lot. I actually never pumped for my own baby-she wouldn’t take a bottle AT ALL, but I shared milk with a friend of mine whose baby was struggling to nurse.