We took a test drive of the 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE AWC for a week thanks to Mitsubishi and DriveSTI.
My first impression of the 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE AWC was the design is perfect. I love the outside and my favorite is the front end. This beauty boasts a 2.9L MIVEC DOHC 16-valve 4 cylinder engine. The winter has been rough and the Outlander Sport eats snow for breakfast with AWC (all wheel control).
I had previously reviewed the 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander and really prefer the front end of the sport. It’s beautiful and I’m glad it’s the first thing you see when driving up. Whenever we look into a car safety is our top concern and the 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport received a TOP Safety Pick from IIHS. In addition the 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport was picked as “10 Most Affordable SUVs” from Kelley Blue Book and featured in “5 Best All-Around Performance Award” in Automotive Science Group, 2014.
The backseat is nice and roomy and I was able to sit comfortably next to my daughter’s car seat. Some cars have more of a bucket seat making this uncomfortable, whereas the 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE AWC has a flush seat.
As a mom of a toddler I appreciate the large trunk space as well as backseat access to the trunk space. No wasted space with my camera bag, diaper bag and tons of new outfits for baby girl. We actually drove all around and never had to fill the tank. I love that it gets 30mpg! (24 city 30 highway)
The interior is eye catching and even more vibrant at night!
details and our favorites:
- available in two trim levels, ES, SE starting at $19,470 (the one we test drove was $29,945)
- RISE (reinforced impact safety evolution) construction deflects and transfers crash energy AWAY from occupants)
- side impact door beams
- 7 airbags total and that includes driver’s side knee impact airbags
- side mounted led turn indicators
- brake assist – this adds extra pressure for emergency stops
- active stability control and traction control logic – keeping the car in the right direction despite harsh road conditions
- Sportronic Steering wheel paddle shefters
- 18 inch alloy wheels – all season tires
AMAZING Worry Free Fun with Mitsubishi’s warranty:
- 5 year / 60,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty
- 7 year/100,000 mile anti-corrosion warranty
- 10 year/1000m000 mile po9wertrain warranty
- fully transferable 5-year/unlimited roadside assistance
The 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE AWC trumps the competition with it’s warranty and extremely affordable pricing. If you’re in the market for a small family SUV the 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport is definitely a car to consider.