Today we’re sharing a super easy healthy snack recipe, sliced apples with grapefruit! My toddler is having so much fun in the kitchen and lately we’ve been on the go so we’re taking easy healthy snacks with us! The grapefruit gives the apples a delicious sour note and they keep the apples from browning too! If your toddler doesn’t like grapefruit you could use the juice of a lemon or even a lime, any citrus works!
Our family loves grapefruit so we purchase them often and always have them in the house. My toddler has been enjoying grapefruit for quite some time. She will beg for a grapefruit for dessert and obviously we have no issues giving her a healthy treat!
I like to keep a little bit of the white on since it also has a bit of nutrition that we want like Vitamin C and Fiber. The peels of the apple are important to keep on for the same reasons. We don’t really peel any of our fruits and vegetables unless they’re not too edible. I put the grapefruit peels right into water and let it infuse with the grapefruit oils – SO good and even the kiddo enjoys it!
My mini chef puts it all together into a glass container and gives it a good shake! We can leave this in the fridge for 2 days if we wanted to wait and enjoy, although they never last that long!
Easy Healthy Snack Sliced Apples (no browning!)
click the stars to rate this recipePrint Pin Recipe
- 1 apple
- 1 grapefruit
- Slice the apple and segment grapefruit.
- Mix together and coat the apple with the grapefruit and juice of the grapefruit.
- Enjoy within 2 days
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Cherry Vanilla Ice Pops // Momma Lew
- Oatmeal Peanut Butter Protein Bites // Finding Zest
- Oyster Cookies // We’re Parents
- Alphabet Kids Snacks A is for Ant // Eating Richly
- Cinnamon Sugar Waffle Sticks // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Lavender White Chocolate Scones // Vegging at the Shore
- Real Fruit Healthy Slushies // O’Boy! Organic
- Kid Sized Chocolate Nutella Milkshakes // My Mini Adventurer
On a field trip recently another parent remarked that her daughter won’t eat sliced apples in her packed lunch because of browning. Surprisingly, this doesn’t bother my kids. Forwarding this to her.