This is a sponsored post with Lifetime Brands, all opinions are my own.
It’s safe to say that Guy Fieri is a pretty amazing celebrity Chef. From his restaurants, tv shows and recipes – we love it all! I am super excited to be trying out some of his newest products which are available at Walmart.
On our anniversary we went to Guy Fieri’s Chop House in Bally’s Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City, NJ. We loved everything we bought but the two things that I would go back for over and over again is the Baja Shrimp (crispy shrimp, avocado, cilantro, chili aioli) and the Lobster Knuckle Chowder (sweet Maine lobster knuckles, potatoes, cheddar biscuit, Old Bay, bacon). I wish I had those two in front of my right now. SO GOOD! He is an excellent Chef and definitely one I’d love to meet some day!
Chris works really late during the holiday season. I thought Guy Fieri’s Penne with Cajun Hot Links and Chipotle Shrimp would be a perfect meal for him and have it ready for him when he gets home. Since hubby isn’t too big a fan of sausage I actually switched chicken for the sausage.
It was devoured within minutes of him walking in the door! Guy knows a thing about flavortown and he definitely took us there with this recipe!
Guy Fieri's Penne with Cajun Chicken and Chipotle Shrimp
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- 20 shrimp deveined, shelled and butterflied
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup Chipotle Sauce recipe follows
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound cooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup Parmesan grated plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon diced Roma tomato
- 1 tablespoon diced scallion
- CHIPOTLE SAUCE:
- 1 -1/2 cups BBQ sauce
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3/4- ounce Dijon mustard
- 1 to 2 chipotle peppers in adobo
- 3/4- ounce red chili flakes
- 1/3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In saute pan over high heat, add olive oil and hot links. Fully cook chicken then add the shrimp and cook until pink. Lower heat to medium. Then add cream, 3/4 of the Chipotle Sauce, salt and pepper. Add cooked pasta and the cheese. Toss to combine.
- Serve in pasta bowl and garnish with diced tomato, scallions, more sauce, if desired, and grated Parmesan.
- (Chipotle Sauce)
- Combine all ingredients in blender, puree, cover and refrigerate.
- I garnished with more chili pepper flakes and used a homemade bbq sauce recipe.
- Recipe courtesy Guy Fieri