We’re taking you back to childhood with our Homemade Fruit Leather Recipe! Organic applesauce and organic strawberries are all you need for this Strawberry Apple Fruit Leather Recipe! Thanks to Santa Cruz for sponsoring this recipe.
When it comes to my daughter’s snacks, I always try to go for natural or organic food products, that’s why we love and trust Santa Cruz Organic! Whether it’s their peanut butter, juices, or applesauce, we’re huge fans! I’m not a fan of eating store-bought applesauce on it’s own and usually use it in recipes. I tried one of the mini cups, and it tastes just like homemade, which I LOVE! It’s not overly sweet, and it’s not too gritty, it’s perfect!
Summer is coming up, and everyone is looking for quick and easy recipes for kids to snack on. Especially healthy snacks for kids! Our fruit leather recipe is so easy to make, and it only takes about 6 hours from start to finish. I started making it at 5 am in the morning when my husband headed out to work and then it was done by lunch time. My daughter was so anxious to try it. My husband too, so we brought him some to snack on at work. 🙂
We devoured the batch in just a day, so I definitely recommend making a double batch! I now triple the recipe and have them for the week so my husband can take them to work or my daughter has a snack for on the go.
We like using a combination of applesauce and strawberries. The strawberries give it a beautiful color and the seeded texture, the applesauce adds liquid and also adds a sweetness (psst, the applesauce has NO added sugar either!). Just two simple, pure ingredients to make homemade fruit leather!
- We always try to embrace a sustainable lifestyle whenever possible. Our homemade fruit leather helps with that too! 🙂
- We don’t have to purchase a box filled with fruit leather and wrappers to toss away.
- We have a healthy and nutritious snack for on the go.
- We compost our unused fruit and vegetable scraps.
- Reuse the containers, from the glass to the plastic, there’s always a fun way to reuse and if you can’t, remember to recycle 🙂
- Plus, when I make it I’m using all reusable materials. You can use parchment paper, but we prefer to use a nonstick baking mat.
There are so many ways to enjoy applesauce from swapping the oil or butter in your favorite baking recipes, adding to smoothies, mixing in with oatmeal or yogurt, and of course our homemade fruit leather recipe!
You can find Santa Cruz Organic Fruit Sauce Cups in
- Apple Apricot
- Apple Peach
- Apple Cinnamon
We love that they offer these organic options! Organic may be a little more expensive, but it’s worth it. Did you know that apples and strawberries (berries!) have the most pesticides? Peaches too. When you’re making the fruit leather you can make it in the oven or even in a dehydrator. We like to slice ours up into fruit leather strips. It’s so easy to make fruit leather with applesauce, you can easily add any fruit to make it flavorful, not just strawberries.
SAVE OUR STRAWBERRY APPLE FRUIT LEATHER RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Be sure follow us on pinterest! We’re always pinning simple and tasty recipes!
Strawberry Apple Fruit Leather Recipe
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.In a blender combine applesauce and chopped strawberries until pureed.Once pureed spread on a parchment or nonstick sheet lined cookie sheet. Spread the puree into a thin layer and cook for 3-4 hours. Check on fruit leather half way through cooking time and rotate if needed.Fruit leather should be slightly sticky, but not too soft when done.
As a pioneer organic brand, Santa Cruz Organic® was the first to have a wide range of organic, 100 percent juices and blends and the first juice processor to use all organic fruit sourced from growers certified by an independent, third-party certification organization. With a history of developing innovative products, Santa Cruz Organic currently offers more than 60 organic items ranging from organic fruit juices and lemonades to organic fruit sauces, chocolate syrups, peanut butters and fruit spreads. Visit www.santacruzorganic.com for more information
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Santa Cruz Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.