Baked Pork Chops with Rice Asparagus and Mushrooms
Full of flavor, baked pork chops and rice with asparagus and mushrooms. This comfort food favorite is a one pan meal baked in a casserole dish.
Prep Time7 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time47 mins
- 3 pork chops 1 1/2 inch thick fresh cut
- 1 can cream of mushrooms soup
- 3/4 cup rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic granulated
- 1/2 teaspoon onion granulated
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley dried
- 1/4 teaspoon teaspoon pepper
- 5 baby bella mushrooms chopped
- 5 spears asparagus chopped
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium sized bowl mix together the rice, cream of mushrooms soup, water, asparagus, mushrooms, and seasoning
Pour the rice mixture into a casserole dish.
Season the pork chops with salt and pepper and then also some parsley, garlic, and onion.
Place the pork chops on top of the rice mixture and then cover the dish with aluminum foil.
Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the pork and rice is fully cooked.
To brown the pork, you can either sear before or after cooking a large skillet with a little oil.
- Don't like mushrooms? Use cream of celery soup.
- Want more fiber? Use brown rice.
- Garnish with a little freshly chopped parsley to bring even more color to the dish.