Slow Cooker Stuffing
Must Make Slow Cooker Stuffing! Our Traditional Stuffing is slow-cooked in the slow cooker freeing stove space during the holidays.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 1 loaf bread cubed
- 1/2 stick butter unsalted
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- pinch of pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning or sage
- 2 cups chicken broth
Slice bread into bite-size pieces, place the bread onto a baking sheet and bake in the oven until dry and slightly crispy, not browned.
In a large skillet combine the butter, celery, onions, and seasonings. Cook until veggies are slightly tender.
Add the bread cubes to a large bowl and then cover with chicken broth and cooked veggies, mix until combined.
Pour the stuffing mixture into your slow cooker and then cook for 40-60 minutes on high, stir, and then cook for 2-3 hours on low.
Serve once fully cooked, the temperature should be about 165 degrees F.
- If you like crunchy stuffing just toss it into the toaster oven to crisp up.
- You can add more veggies, but careful with watery veggies - you may need to reduce the amount of liquid or increase the amount of bread.
- This recipe can also be baked in the oven in a baking dish or muffin tins.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container and reheat in the oven or microwave.
Calories: 291kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 717mg | Potassium: 255mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 240IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 133mg | Iron: 3mg