This really is the BEST Oatmeal Recipe for Kids and I’m going to tell you one BIG reason why. It’s all about what your child enjoys and will eat! On Mini Chef Mondays we make sure that we learn about our food and most importantly, enjoy it too!
If your child doesn’t like oatmeal then plopping some plain old oatmeal isn’t going to entice them to eat it.
We love to create a variety of options for our mini chef. She can put in whatever she wants and then gets to enjoy the fruits of her labor, literally! When you’re making your own breakfast, you pick what you want to eat. Why shouldn’t our kiddos? Oatmeal is a healthy breakfast that we like to enjoy 2-3 times a week at least. We have several different ways to enjoy it, but this one is by far my daughter’s favorite!
Top secret tip.. if you’re kiddo doesn’t like chia seeds, hemp hearts or any other type of seed, try mixing in some sprinkles. They will gladly use up all of the sprinkles in their oatmeal. My mini chef enjoys chia seeds and hemp hearts, but really loves sprinkles too!
Another fun tip! You can use a variety of sweeteners and allow your child to choose which one they’d like. I offer maple sugar and maple syrup.
- oatmeal mixed with hot water (ready for toppings!)
- chocolate chips
- chia seeds
- hemp hearts
- maple syrup
- If your child doesn't like the toppings we use you can use whatever toppings your child likes. 🙂
- Let your toddler top their oatmeal and enjoy!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started and how to link up!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Additionally, if you have a kid-friendly recipe that kids can easily recreate, link up! Don’t have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.
- Nutella Banana Bread // Momma Lew
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders // Baby Loving Mama
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup // We’re Parents
- Super Soft Double Chocolate Chip Cookies // Frugal Novice
- Homemade Silly Putty Recipe // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Chocolate Covered Irish Potatoes // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Taco Buddies // Step Stool Chef
- Blueberry and Goat Cheese Scones // Vegging at the Shore
- Baked Broccoli Bites // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Loaded Oatmeal Cookies // O’Boy! Organic
- Kids Kitchen Safety Tips with Carter // Can’t Google Everything