These cheesy bacon potatoes are bound to be the favorite side dish at your holiday table. It’s the ultimate comfort food recipe and hello BACON! 🙂 Special thanks to Hatfield Quality Meats for sponsoring this recipe!
Who loves bacon? Wait, better question, who doesn’t love bacon?! While shopping, I picked up some of Hatfield Quality Meats Thick Cut Bacon to make our favorite Cheesy Bacon Potatoes.
This package was so easy to open by the way. I rather not dirty a knife or scissors to open a package and as you can see in the video (at the end of this post) it was effortless!
Why thick cut? If we’re just noshing on bacon or I’m using it in a recipe I like to get thick cut. I always want the bacon to stand out in a recipe and the thicker cut allows it to really be a key player in the recipe, well that and using a whole package of bacon. 😉
What I like to do is cook the bacon on a pan covered with parchment, nothing sticks and I get, and the bacon fat stays on there too. Once the bacon is thoroughly cooked, I chop up some potatoes and plop them right into the bacon grease. One they hit the bacon fat I start seasoning them with paprika and a little pepper. The primary flavoring is the hardwood smoked bacon, so we don’t go too crazy.
Once the bacon is thoroughly cooked I chop up some potatoes and plop them right into the bacon grease. One they hit the bacon fat I start seasoning them with paprika and a little pepper. The primary flavoring is the hardwood smoked bacon, so we don’t go too crazy with seasonings.
When the potatoes are tender (we don’t make them crunchy, that’s what the bacon is for) we take them out of the oven and start topping with the cheese and bacon. Garnish with some sliced green onions and then place it on the table. Within seconds this is gone, so I suggest you set aside a spoonful for yourself. 😉
my bacon thief in action, she couldn’t wait for the cheesy bacon potatoes! 😉
Some guests like to top with a little sour cream, but I enjoy it on its own. It’s so good!
These cheesy bacon potatoes are bound to be the favorite side dish at your holiday table. It's the ultimate comfort food recipe and hello BACON!
- 1 package Hatfield Thick Cut Hardwood Smoked Bacon
- 3 Large Potatoes , chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and cook bacon for 10-12 minutes turning once.
- Once bacon is done remove and place on a paper towel to cool.
- Place your potatoes onto the bacon grease and toss with paprika and pepper.
- Cook potatoes for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Place cooked potatoes in an oven safe dish and top with bacon and cheese.
- Put the oven safe dish back into the hot (not on) oven and allow the cheese to melt a bit.
- Remove the dish from the oven and top with green onions.