Our Chimichurri Chicken is the perfect way to use homemade Argentinian Chimichurri Sauce! We love making this baked chimichurri recipe at least once or twice a month and using it in various recipes.
Chicken breast recipes are always a goto in our home when I have no clue what to make for a few reasons. It’s easy to make, there’s little prep, and everyone here loves chicken!
By using chimichurri sauce to make the chimichurri chicken I really cut down on the prep time. All I need to do is season the chicken breast and then pour a little bit of the chimichurri sauce right on top and it’s ready to bake.
My daughter even loves this recipe, but for her chicken, I am a little reserved with the seasoning and will reduce the amount of chili powder.
Get the Argentinian Chimichurri Sauce recipe from Know Your Produce
While this is cooking in the oven I’ll start a batch of some white rice, but wait, don’t just eat that rice plain! When the rice is cooking I’ll add in a little bit of the chimichurri sauce to the cooking water. Once the rice is fully cooked I’ll add in a little more chimichurri sauce and mix it right in. You can add as much or as little as you like. My husband is super picky about white rice, he hates it plain, but LOVES chimichurri rice!
The chimichurri sauce makes the chicken so moist and flavorful with all of the herbs and seasonings. The oil definitely helps keep the chicken moist while baking.
HOW LONG DO YOU BAKE BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN BREAST?
Be careful to not overcook your chicken breast. We like to cook at 350 degrees and cook it for about 30-40 minutes depending on how big the chicken breast is as they do vary. A bigger chicken breast will definitely need more cook time than a smaller breast. Just make sure you’re cooking your chicken to 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Another great way to make this is by not baking, but grilling your chicken. The way I do this allows the chicken to marinate in the chimichurri for at least 3 hours before cooking. Once the chimichurri chicken is done you can put a few spoonfuls of sauce right over it.
Pin our Chimichurri Chicken Recipe to save for later
- 3 whole boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup chimichurri sauce
- 1 bunch parsley about 1 1/2 - 2 cups
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken in an oven safe dish and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Once the chicken is fully seasoned top with chimichurri sauce.
- Bake chicken for 30-40 minutes.
- When chicken is fully cooked serve as desired.
- Chop the parsley and garlic as small as you can.
- Place the parsley and garlic into a bowl and add in the remaining ingredients.
- Mix until fully combined.
- Use as desired and store leftovers in the refrigerator or freeze.