This Christmas Cheese Board makes for the perfect holiday appetizer, a great treat for guests, or just serving to your own family.
My family loves cheese and crackers! I could easily just make a cheese board for lunch and my family would be thrilled. During the holidays we love to make sure we’re still eating together at home as a family and I make this Christmas Cheese Board all throughout December!
You can make it on any cutting board or you can use a fun festive holiday cutting board as we did. The best part of this cheese board is using ingredients your family loves. My family loves sharp cheddar cheese, apples, and grapes. I serve that along with some salty crackers to balance and we enjoy it together! You could also add in any meats or meat alternatives as well.
CHEESE: We like going with sharp. I chose Truly Grass Fed Natural Sharp Cheddar Cheese. We were happy to partner with them for this recipe on our Instagram as my family loves their cheese! We find them locally available at our local Shoprite store. If you don’t like sharp they also have a more mild cheese option as well. It crumbles beautifully and you can tell it’s a quality cheese.
GRAPES: for this board, we chose to go with green, but you could also use red or even moon grapes. Since we did this for Christmas we stuck with green grapes as red grapes aren’t really “red”.
APPLES: My family loves tart apples and we usually go with Granny Smith and also a sweet so we go with Fuji. For this cheese board, we already have the grapes for the green and they’re sweet so we went with Honeycrisp Apples. To prevent the apples from turning brown we toss in a little bit of fresh lemon juice. You could also do this with fresh orange juice or even grapefruit juice. The acid helps prevent the browning process in the apples.
CRACKERS: We go with a simple buttery, salty cracker. You could use any cracker you like, but we prefer this over a water cracker or flavored cracker.
What else would you add to your Christmas Cheese Board? The options are endless and you can easily adapt this recipe for any holiday!
Christmas Cheese Board
- 1 block Sharp Cheddar Cheese Truly Grasfed or any other quality cheese
- 2 Honeycrisp Apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 bunches Green Grapes
- 15 crackers buttery crackers or preferred crackers
- Slice or break the cheddar cheese into bite size pieces and set aside.
- Wash and chop the honey crisp apples into bite-size pieces and then toss in the lemon juice, set aside.
- Wash the grapes on the vine (or you could remove from the vine) and lay on a towel to dry.
- Pick your board for creating your cheese platter. Arrange the cheese, apples, grapes, and crackers as desired and serve.
- Enjoy right away or refrigerate without crackers and cover until ready to serve.