This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShopRiteFamilyMeals #RootedInFrontera #WholesomePantry #CollectiveBias
This Easy Chicken Enchilada Recipe is a great quick and easy family dinner. Make the chicken breast ahead and use green chili enchilada sauce to save time!
Make our easy chicken enchilada recipe and your guests will go crazy thinking it took over an hour and you’ll be thankful it took only a few minutes to put together!
While shopping the other day at ShopRite I picked up a few items to make a quick and easy dinner that I knew my family would love! We’re going to be out of the house a lot with the holidays and being able to come home and have a filling warm meal is always better than hitting the drive-thru.
Find even more easy recipes using these products here.
I picked up some Wholesome Pantry Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, Mexican Cheese Blend, and Mozzarella Cheese. I also picked up Frontera Green Chili Enchilada Sauce and Chunky Mexicana Salsa. On the weekends we meal prep things like veggies, fruit, and chicken. I’ll make a huge batch of baked or grilled chicken, and also a few boiled chicken breasts to make shredded chicken. It’s so much easier to shred when you boil it. It’s important to me that we have family time instead and outside of the home. Dinner time is a time for all of us to come together as a family and be together. We love watching a movie afterward too!
how do you make easy chicken enchiladas?
First, you’ll start off by mixing shredded chicken breast with sour cream and cheese.
Then you’ll take the chicken mixture and place it into a corn tortilla.
Roll up the corn tortilla and place it in a baking dish that has a layer of green chili enchilada sauce.
Then cover the chicken enchiladas with more green chili sauce and top with shredded cheese.
Bake until the cheese is melted, about 15-20 minutes.
Why choose Frontera:
Frontera uses premium ingredients and cooking methods just like my grandma, they do it right! Their products are full of flavor and complete our meal making it so much easier for me.
ShopRite Wholesome Pantry:
When I first started to see ShopRite move towards a completely natural food section it excited me, then they came out with the ShopRite Wholesome Pantry and we’ve been saving money buying these products. I don’t have to worry about artificial ingredients, preservatives, or colors with Wholesome Pantry products. You can even get free advice from an in-store registered dietitian for FREE – for product and recipe recommendations, to shop the store with you, etc. (available at participating stores only, call ahead to see if you store offers this service)
- use Frontera Green Chili Enchilada Sauce to save time, no need to make homemade for this easy chicken enchiladas recipe
- prep the chicken breast ahead so it’s ready to assemble
- buy Wholesome Pantry shredded cheese to save time and reduce artificial ingredients in your meals with cheese
- serve with your favorite salsa and sour cream
Easy Chicken Enchilada Recipe
- 1 chicken breast shredded
- 1 cup shredded cheese mix of Mexican blend and mozzarella
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 pouch Frontera Green Chili Enchilada sauce
- 10 corn tortillas
- cheese for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the shredded chicken breast with sour cream and cheese.
- Take the chicken mixture and place it into a corn tortilla.
- Roll up the corn tortilla and place it in a baking dish that has a layer of green chili enchilada sauce.
- Then cover the chicken enchiladas with more green chili sauce and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted, about 15-20 minutes.
Find Wholesome Pantry Products and Frontera Products at your local ShopRite store (for more recipe inspiration see here) I found Frontera products in the ethnic section, the cheese in the dairy section and the chicken in the poultry section.