Easy Homemade Seasoned Salt. This seasoning mix is really easy to make and definitely a family favorite. If you run out or just want to skip store-bought, it’s great to put on your favorite protein or veggies.
what is seasoned salt?
Seasoned salt is typically a go-to season instead of just salt pepper. You have salt + other herbs and spices. It’s commonly used for fish and chips, meat, poultry, you could even use seasoned salt for french fries or our air fryer baked potato. It’s a staple seasoning in most kitchens.
seasoned salt ingredients
- table salt, sea salt or kosher salt
- granulated onion or onion powder
- granulated garlic or garlic powder
You can add more herbs and spices to suit your needs. The spice mixes really well with other flavors like cayenne pepper for heat, or even swap out half of the paprika for smoked paprika for that great flavor of smokiness.
how to make seasoned salt
- Measure all of the spices.
- Mix the spices together and pour into a spice jar.
- Store in your spice cabinet and use when needed.
Homemade Seasoned Salt
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Mix the spices together and store in an airtight container.