Love hot cocoa? Try our Hot Chocolate Truffle Balls! These are great for a quick drink recipe with warm milk and gift giving during the holiday season.
My mini chef loves creating recipes on Mini Chef Mondays. Lately, we’ve been making hot chocolate nearly every day so we figured we’d make Hot Chocolate Truffle Balls and store them in the fridge so we can have homemade hot cocoa whenever we want! It’s so simple and we just need to warm up some milk and add in one or two hot chocolate truffle balls.
Best of all, they’re not just for hot chocolate, you could definitely eat these on their own. They’re truffle and they’re super delicious! We use high-quality chocolate and make a ganache and let it sit in the fridge. Once it’s hard enough to scoop and roll into a ball we’re ready to make them.
If you like peppermint hot chocolate you could easily add in peppermint extract instead of vanilla extract or even roll into crushed up candy canes. We use a candy cane to stir up our hot chocolate so it gets a minty flavor too.
Let your kids have complete fun in the kitchen with this recipe. We do recommend you wash their hands really well since they’ll definitely be hands on with this kid friendly recipe. 🙂
Hot Chocolate Truffles
click the stars to rate this recipePrint Pin Recipe 🖤 Save
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- cocoa powder for rolling
- Bring the heavy cream and sugar to a low boil.
- Once hot pour over the chocolate and vanilla extra and allow to sit 2 minutes.
- Whisk chocolate together and it should look like ganache.
- Place in the refrigerator until firm for rolling.
- Roll into balls and roll in cocoa powder, or even candy cane dust for a peppermint cocoa!
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 5 fabulous bloggers, find out more about the Mini Chef Mondays Team!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Slow Cooker Orange Pomegranate Cider // Finding Zest
- Frozen’s Olaf Snowman Cheese Snack for Kids // Eating Richly
- Pumpkin Crack Sticks // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Gingerbread French Toast // Vegging at the Shore
- Handprint Turkey Cookies // My Mini Adventurer