This Rice Krispie Treats Ugly Christmas Sweater is a fun DIY for your next holiday party! Let your guests decorate their Rice Krispie Treat and then have fun seeing all the ugly sweater decorations! Thanks to GoodCook for sending us some goodies to make these treats!
I grew up with my mom loving Rice Krispie Treats. They’re good, but there’s nothing like homemade. I can control what I put in and I love putting even more in, like white chocolate, vanilla, and using browned butter instead of regular melted butter.
The flavors are so delicious and honestly, I don’t mind having scraps after using the Ugly Sweater cookie cutter, I live for the scraps people. As a matter of fact, I’m snacking on the scraps right now.
If you don’t want to make the sweaters right away that’s fine, but you do need to try our Rice Krispie Treats. If we’re not cutting it into sweaters I’ll even mix in some whole mini white chocolate chips and mini marshmallows, it’s so good, so right, so indulgent.
The best part is you can dress them up and fill them up however you want, you can really add any flavors you want to these Rice Krispie Treats. They’re pretty hard to mess up, they’re that easy to make.
Rice Krispie Treats
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 10 oz package large marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- Brown butter in a large sauce pan.
- Once butter is slightly browned add in the white chocolate chips and vanilla.
- When the chocolate is melted add in the marshmallows and stir until gooey and melty.
- Add in the rice krispies cereal and mix until combined.
- Place the Rice Krispie Treats mixture onto a greased baking pan.
- Allow to cool and cut as desired.