We had so much fun making semi-homemade yogurt last week using blueberries and now we’re sharing a homemade strawberry yogurt recipe!
The best part of making Homemade Strawberry Yogurt is we can have flavored yogurt whenever we want, however we want and that includes tons of flavoring if we want! My toddler is picky when it comes to flavored yogurts. She loves the Stonyfield tubes, but otherwise she won’t eat a cup of flavored yogurt. Now we purchase the large containers of yogurt for the whole family and my hubby can take whatever flavor he likes to work and my toddler and I can enjoy whatever we like at home. They’re great to pack in lunch boxes too!
My toddler loves to make it all by herself and I’m so proud of how well she is doing on her own. I am so impressed of how quickly she has caught on with cooking. She’s only 3, but she’s cooking like she’s 10! She’s got another idea for yogurt she wants to share, but until then we hope you enjoy our Homemade Strawberry Yogurt!
We use frozen organic strawberries since they pick them at their peak freshness and it’s much more affordable. Not to mention making your own yogurt at home is super affordable. Soon we’re going to try to make our own homemade yogurt recipe, but we really love the thick greek yogurt and it’s sometimes just cheaper to buy that for us.
Homemade Strawberry Yogurt Recipe
Make this Strawberry Yogurt recipe with your favorite yogurt. It's healthy and delicious!
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- greek yogurt
- Combine the strawberries, water, sugar, and vanilla into a sauce pan.
- Put on high heat and bring to a boil, once brought to a boil reduce to medium-low allowing the strawberries to cook down.
- Spoon strawberry mixture once cooked down onto yogurt before serving.
- If storing place the strawberry mixture on the bottom.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Mini Strawberry Shortcakes // Momma Lew
- Fresh Strawberry Banana Muffins // Finding Zest
- BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches // We’re Parents
- Where Does Beef Come From? Kids Farm Visit // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Grilled Fluffernutter Sandwich // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Four Ingredient Stuffed Mushrooms // Vegging at the Shore
- 5 Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chewy Granola Bars // O’Boy! Organic
- 25+ Cute Foods for Kids! // My Mini Adventurer