Sweet and Sour Sauce Chicken Nugget Dip is a hit and perfect with Yummy Dino Buddies! Make mealtime fun and even educational with these delicious chicken nugget shapes. This recipe post is sponsored by Mirum, all opinions are our own.
Our family LOVES Yummy Dino Buddies! They make chicken nuggets in fun shapes for everyone to enjoy. We always have these chicken nuggets in our freezer.
From the classic dinosaur-shaped nuggets, mini chicken nuggets, and even alphabet shaped, they have plenty of options. We just saw they had chicken breast mini fries and maple waffle chicken breasts! I have to make more room in the freezer to try those out asap!
What’s great is that even my husband loves them! It makes dinner time so much easier. Now that the weather is getting chilly, I love turning on the oven for dinner and waiting to turn the heat on until later, ha!
In all honesty, kids keep us parents busy. I feel super busy with all of my daughter’s activities. We homeschool so we travel quite a bit during the week going to our co-op classes. She loves being with her friends, so homeschool at home is fun, but we wanted to ensure we had interaction with other kids. It’s so nice seeing interacting with her friends each week. It’s also fun to take turns being the teacher!
Sometimes we get home super late so it’s a chicken nugget night and there are zero complaints, the whole family looks forward to it! I even make a homemade sauce sweet and sour sauce chicken nugget dip while the nuggets all cook in the oven.
sweet and sour sauce ingredients
- apricot preserves
- granulated garlic
- coconut aminos or soy sauce
Place all of the ingredients aside from the water and cornstarch in a small saucepan or skillet.
Use a whisk and bring the apricot preserves, vinegar, coconut aminos, garlic, and mustard to a boil.
Remove from heat and then in a small bowl mix together the cornstarch and water.
Pour the cornstarch slurry into the skillet and whisk over medium heat until the mixture thickens.
Remove from heat and serve.
How to store sweet and sour sauce chicken nugget dip
We use it the same day we make it or we make it in advance. You can store our sweet and sour sauce chicken nugget dip in the fridge up to 3 days.
How to make the Yummy Dino Nuggets
Follow the package instructions for each nugget, although I’ll be honest we just put them all on a sheet pan and bake together. We like our chicken nuggets crispy!
- Have a picky eater that won’t even touch their veggies? Get the dinosaurs and make the dinosaurs eat the veggies, kids will try it too!
- Let kids pick out the letters, my daughter wanted to spell bat, so that’s what we did today.
- Allow your kids to count the mini nuggets as they put them on the sheet pan.
- easily double or even triple the sweet and sour sauce chicken nugget dip.
- don’t have coconut aminos? use 1/2 the amount in soy sauce
- allow the sauce to cool before serving.
We found Yummy Dino Buddies at our local Shoprite stores. Want to find them by you? Check out Yummy Dino Buddies store locator(LINK). Also, check them out on facebook for fun activities for your kids. They’re full of protein, Omega-3 and go from freezer to table in minutes!
Sweet and Sour Sauce Chicken Nugget Dip
click the stars to rate this recipePrint Pin Recipe
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a small saucepan combine the apricot preserves, vinegar, garlic, coconut aminos, and mustard.
- Heat the ingredients on medium-high heat whisking to break up the preserves.
- Cook the mixture until boiling.
- Once the mixture is boiling combine the water and cornstarch and add into the skillet.
- Whisk while on medium-low heat until the mixture thickens.
- Allow nuggets to cool before serving with your Yummy Dino Buddies chicken nuggets.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.
Leave a Reply