Today on Mini Chef Monday’s I’m sharing a vegetarian wraps recipe that my mini chef devours within a minute! Special thanks to Produce for kids for sponsoring this post. We love partnering up with Produce for Kids, together we’re encouraging families nationwide to eat a healthier lunch with the Power Your Lunchbox Pledge™ Campaign!
My mini chef loves eating wraps. They’re easy for her to pick up and go. Typically she makes the recipes on Mini Chef Mondays, but she had a fun play date with her Aunt Bree Bree while mommy took over the mini chef Mondays kitchen. 🙂 When they were done playing with all her fun toys they got to munch on all the goodies I made for them.
We’re all about serving healthy options to your kids, family, and friends! This recipe is healthy and delicious for the entire family and entertaining, not just for the lunchbox.
Healthy Vegetarian Wraps Recipe, filled with beans, avocados, and rice! This makes for a filling lunch for kids or adults.
- 1 tortilla
- 1/2 avocado , mashed
- 1/3 cup black beans (we cooked in taco seasoning)
- 1/3 cup quinoa/rice
- Place a tortilla on a plate.
- Spread avocado onto the tortilla.
- Top the avocado with quinoa/rice and black beans.
- Roll tortilla up and slice.
- Place wrap slices into lunch box.
I’m so happy to partner with Produce for Kids and the Power Your Lunchbox Pledge. You can take the pledge now through February 15, 2017, at PowerYourLunchbox.com. For every pledge made, sponsoring companies supporting Power Your Lunchbox Pledge will make a collective $1 donation to kids’ nutrition programs through Feeding America®.
- Avocados from Mexico – Mexican Hass Avocados
- Bee Sweet Citrus
- Crispy Fruit Freeze-Dried Fruit
- Snacks from Crispy Green ®
- Eat Smart® Fresh Cut Vegetables
- Earthbound Farm®
- Marie’s ® Dressings
- Natalie’s Orchid Island Juice
- Pero Family Farms
- Wish Farms Strawberries
The site offers tools and tips for families and even classrooms to eat lunches that are healthier. However it’s not just limited to lunches, but also after-school snacks and even weekday dinners. The total count of pledges in 2016 was 21,674 pledges, which resulted in 238,414 donated meals for families in need!
Since the Power, Your Lunchbox Pledge has been so popular it will launch twice in 2017. (The second installment takes place Aug. 7 – Sept. 22, 2017)
Here’s how you can help:
- Take the pledge
- Show off your healthy lunchboxes on social media using the #PowerYourLunchbox hashtag
- Join Produce for Kids and partnering companies on Twitter for the #PowerYourLunchbox Twitter party on Wednesday, Jan. 18, at 4 p.m. ET.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 4 fabulous bloggers, find out more about the Mini Chef Mondays Team!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Make a Fruit Smoothie Bowl Heart for Your Valentine // Finding Zest
- Strawberry Sprinkle Donut Hearts Totally Dye Free! // Eating Richly
- Make Your Own Bread and Butter Pickles // Vegging at the Shore
- Frozen Yogurt Hearts // My Mini Adventurer