Air fryer eggplant parmesan is a healthier version of the classic eggplant parm we know and love. This eggplant parmesan is a breaded and air fried crispy eggplant, topped with mozzarella cheese and sauce.
Serve this air fryer eggplant over a bed of pasta for the ultimate comfort food recipe. 15 minutes cook time is all it takes to make this healthy eggplant parm!
WHAT IS Eggplant Parmesan
Eggplant parmesan is a sliced eggplant that is breaded and dredged in breadcrumbs, then fried or baked to crispy texture. Then you top with mozzarella and a tangy tomato sauce.
Air frying your eggplant works great in giving you a crispy texture, without the excess oil.
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Marinara Sauce
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER EGGPLANT PARMESAN
Full directions on how to make this air fryer eggplant parmesan are in the printable recipe card featured below. This is a quick walk-through.
- Slice and place your eggplant on a paper towel, and sprinkle with salt. Then place another piece of paper towel on top and let it sit. This helps pull out excess liquid.
- Then in a small bowl add flour and set aside.
- Next, grab another bowl and whisk your egg and milk together.
- Last, grab a third bowl and add your seasonings and breadcrumbs. Mix to combine.
- Dip each eggplant in the flour, then egg wash, then last the breadcrumbs.
- Place on a greased air fryer basket or tray. Spritz with oil, and air fry as directed.
- Top the crispy eggplant with marinara and a slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Toss back in the air fryer, to melt the cheese. Then serve and enjoy.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Eggplant is a low calorie and tasty vegetable that is great to incorporate into your daily diet. Eggplant is a wonderful source of nutrients like minerals, vitamins, and is even good for your digestion.
For eggplant parmesan, you want to cut around 1/4″ thick. Just make sure that you can slice your eggplant very similar in size. That way you ensure you get an even cook on all your parmesan eggplant.
Eggplant parm is served warm. Now, if you have leftovers, feel free to eat it cold if you would like. The crust will become softer in texture, but the flavor is still delicious.
Pasta, spaghetti squash, zucchini noodles, salad, veggies, etc. The options are endless on what you want to serve next to your air fried eggplant.
Make sure that once you have battered and placed eggplant in the air fryer, you spritz with oil. You need a bit of oil to help the breading to get that golden brown color you want. If you find it is a little pale in color, spritz with a bit more oil and cook a few more minutes.
The goal is to look at the breading. It needs to be nice and crispy in texture with a golden brown color. The eggplant itself should be fully ready when the breading is golden in color.
Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan
click the stars to rate this recipePrint Pin Recipe
- 2 large eggplants sliced ¼” thick
- ¾ cup flour
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 ½ cups breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried italian seasoning
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 ball mozzarella sliced ⅛” thick
- Place the eggplants on a paper towel and sprinkle them with kosher salt. Place another paper towel on top and set them aside to dry for 15 minutes.
- Add the flour to a small, shallow bowl.
- In another small, shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
- In a third bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, garlic powder, and italian seasoning.
- Dip each slice of eggplant into the flour, followed by the egg wash and then the breadcrumb mixture.
- Lightly grease the air fryer with olive oil spray and add as many eggplant slices as will fit in a single layer.
- Cook at 375F for 8-10 minutes, or until the eggplant is golden brown.
- Top each eggplant slice with 1-2 tablespoons of marinara and a slice of mozzarella cheese and place back into the fryer for another 2 minutes.
- Enjoy immediately, served with your choice of sides.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.
More recipes made in the air fryer
Did you try this recipe? Be sure to leave a recipe rating! Also, tag us @CourtneysSweets on Instagram and hashtag it #CourtneysSweets so we can share it!
Everything Courtney makes is Amazing😊
aww thank you!! <3 🙂