Avocado corn salad is the perfect avocado summer salad. Studded with sweet corn kernels, fresh avocado, red onion, and a few more simple ingredients. A simple side or even taco topper.
A light and refreshing avocado recipe that screams summer. If you have a chance to use fresh sweet corn, go for it. It will make this corn and avocado salad.
This is a great canned corn recipe you can use in the spring and summer! It is such a tasty and simple dish to throw together. Or use this dish as an avocado corn salsa for topping tacos or dipping in chips.
WHAT IS Avocado Corn Salad
This dish is a simple side dish or even garnish for fish tacos. Avocado, corn, onion, paired with a homemade sauce. This is a very refreshing and simple dish.
Depending on the recipe, you can find the avocado salad with corn can also have diced tomatoes or even black beans added in.
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED
- Avocado – Pick ripe avocado that you dice into cubes. This is the star of the salad.
- Corn – Canned, fresh off the cob, or even frozen will work for this corn salad recipe.
- Red Onion – Adds a nice kick of flavors and blends the savory and sweet ingredients together.
- Lime – The lime juice is used for a kick of citrus but also helps the avocado not brown so fast.
HOW TO MAKE (RECIPE)
- Start by placing a pan on the stove and melt the butter and add in the corn.
- Cook until it is charred, and then remove from heat. Let the corn cool completely before moving on.
- In a bowl add all ingredients including the cooled corn. Toss well and then season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the corn avocado salad right away.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Technically it can be both. Depending on your home, some eat this as a side dish and others eat it like a salsa. It is tasty if you pair with chips, top tacos, or eat it as a side dish next to chicken, pork, etc.
Ramp up the flavor of this avocado dish by adding in some diced jalapenos, or even red pepper flakes. Add as much or as little as you would like to control the heat factor.
You can pre-cook the corn and store it in the fridge for up to 24 hours in advance. In terms of the avocado you will not want to cut and place in salad till you are ready to serve. Avocado browns really quickly, so this salad has to be served immediately.
Reach for your avocado and give it a quick look. You want to make sure there are no soft spots or blemishes on the avocado. Then gently squeeze and see that it is firm but has a slight give when you squeeze. If it is extra mushy, it is over-ripe. Or if it is hard, it is going to need more time to ripen.
Avocado Corn Salad
- 2 15 ounce cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 avocado cubed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- ¼ red onion chopped (about ½ cup)
- 1 lime juiced
- In a medium sized skillet set over medium heat, melt the butter and add in the corn.
- Stir often and continue cooking until the corn has started to char on some pieces– about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and transfer the corn to a large mixing bowl. Allow it to cool completely in the fridge– about 20 minutes.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and stir together well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy immediately as the avocados may brown as they sit.
More recipes with avocados
Did you try this recipe? Be sure to leave a recipe rating! Also, tag us @CourtneysSweets on Instagram and hashtag it #CourtneysSweets so we can share it!