Looking for healthy food FUN food for kids on Easter? Wow them with our Naturally Dyed Avocado Deviled Eggs!
My poor sweet baby girl broke her collar bone last week so we’re keeping it low key for Mini Chef Mondays. She was so upset and started to cry when I was making breakfast the next morning.. She said “Now I’m too broken for Mini Chef Mondays”. I truly enjoy doing Mini Chef Mondays and cooking with her every chance I get and she loves it just as much!
My mini chef is picky about hard boiled eggs and pretty much refuses to eat them unless she’s in the mood which is rare. So we figured instead of dying eggs this year, we’d dye our deviled eggs! We love to make avocado deviled eggs and you can see our Avocado Deviled egg Christmas Trees here! They’re so good and the pepper crunch works really well too!
Thankfully my mini chef loves avocado so we use a whole avocado with some citrus and then the typical things you’d find in deviled eggs. She loves to mash, mash, mash! We have so much fun in the kitchen together!
Monday is our day to spend time together and really have fun with food. We’re not making breakfast for everyone, we’re not making lunch for everyone, we’re not making dinner for everyone, we’re simply making a fun recipe together for us! Right after we take all the pictures we have fun eating our creations! I think she enjoys this part most of all when we make sweets, since we typically do our posts in the morning to get good lighting.
- 6 hardboiled eggs , shells removed
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- 1 lemon , juiced
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- pinch of salt and pepper
- *cilantro or parsley for garnish
- Slice open eggs and remove the yolks.
- Place the yolks into a bowl the whites into your serving dish.
- Mash the yolks with remaining ingredients.
- Pipe filling into egg white halves. (we used a zippered sandwich baggy)
- Top cilantro or parsley
Learn how to naturally dye eggs on Know Your Produce! 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out all of our other delicious recipes and blog posts on Pinterest!
CLICK HERE TO PIN THIS IMAGE >>
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!’
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Easter Bunny Cake // Momma Lew
- Starwberry Pound Cake Parfaits for Easter // Baby Loving Mama
- Chocolate Covered Caramel Cheesecake Bites // We’re Parents
- White Chocolate Covered Grapes // Frugal Novice
- Easy Lamb Chops Recipe for the Oven // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Bunny Rabbit Pancake // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Mini Chicken Pot Pies // Step Stool Chef
- No-Bake Carrot Cake Bites // Vegging at the Shore
- Strawberry Pineapple Kale Smoothie // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Cooking with Kids: Keeping it Safe // O’Boy! Organic
- Peaches and Cream Pie // Can’t Google Everything