This Banana Bread with Coffee Cake Crumble is like two delicious desserts in one! Perfect for dessert or with your breakfast tea or coffee.
Banana Bread is a staple and paired with a coffee cake crumble it’s even better! This delicious dessert bread cooks up in about an hour and only takes about 15 minutes of prep time. You can get about 10-12 servings, but I will be honest, it doesn’t last long because it’s so good you’ll go for a second serving! You can enjoy this Banana Bread at room temperature or even place in the refrigerator. I’m one of those people who love a cold piece of cake or dessert bread.
This is so super easy to make and you probably already have all of the ingredients you’ll need to make it. It’s a staple recipe with staple ingredients.
This cake is perfect on its own, but you can get creative as well! My family loves the combo of cream cheese frosting with banana or carrot cake so I will sometimes whip up a batch and then you can smear it on your slice of cake. Some like flavored butter, either is super delicious!
You’ll want to check the bread around 45-50 minutes if the crumble is getting too brown then lightly cover with a foil tent for the remainder of cook time.
Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Then, using the sides of your parchment paper, lift the bread out of the pan and cool completely on a cooling rack.
Store covered at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 3-5 days if it lasts that long!
Banana Bread with Coffee Cake Crumble
click the stars to rate this recipePrint Pin Recipe
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 bananas very ripe
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp butter cubed, cold
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x4 loaf pan with parchment paper, for easy removal, and spray lightly with a non stick spray or rub with butter.
- Prepare the crumble: Pour all of the dry ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together. Add in the butter and cut it with a fork, or pastry blender, until a nice crumble forms, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas and cream cheese together with a fork or potato masher, set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, one at a time, and vanilla; mixing until combined. Add in the banana mixture and stir until just mixed.
- Slowly add in the flour and baking soda, mixing with a spatula and stopping when just combined. Do not over mix the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and generously top it with the crumble topping.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes, depending on your loaf pan size (see notes) The bread is done when a toothpick comes out clean.
- Check the bread around 45-50 minutes, if the crumble is getting too brown then lightly cover with a foil tent for the remainder of cook time.
- Once the bread is done cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Then, using the sides of your parchment paper, lift the bread out of the pan and cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Store covered at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.