Wondering if you can put parchment paper in an air fryer? This is your how-to guide on how to use parchment paper in your air fryer.
Air frying your favorite fried foods is a healthy alternative to deep-frying and you can still enjoy all of your favorite foods with less oil.
What about less clean-up? Can you use parchment paper in your air fryer? Yes!! You can and we do it all the time. It makes cleanup extremely easy and it’s so convenient to just toss out the mess after you cooked in your air fryer. Who doesn’t love not scrubbing the air fryer rack??
The best time to use parchment paper in the air fryer is when you’re making something messy, something that will require a lot of clean-up, something sticky, or just when you won’t have the time to clean the air fryer quick enough.
What is parchment paper?
Parchment paper is a cellulose-based composite that is processed to be a paper-thin material that is oven-safe. Parchment paper helps create a nonstick layer for cooking and baking. It has resistance against grease and humidity.
Aside from creating a nonstick surface, it also makes for easy cleanup. It is only one-time use unless, for example; you’re using it a few times to bake a few batches of cookies.
Can you put parchment paper in an air fryer?
Yes, but you need to do a few things to make sure you’re using it correctly.
- Make sure you’re using perforated if possible as this allows air flow.
- Use good quality parchment paper, we prefer unbleached.
- If you need to preheat your air fryer do it without the parchment paper. Add the parchment paper after preheating and then place the food items right on top of the parchment paper.
- You must weigh down the parchment on corners and the center and make sure it’s fit to size, not going up the sides. These steps are to prevent the parchment paper from blowing around as this can cause the parchment paper to catch on fire. Example: Do not heat up a single cinnamon roll in the center of the parchment paper. unless you cut it down to size that it won’t blow into the fan.
- Only use parchment paper that is safe for high-temperature cooking. The brand we use is safe up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, which is higher than most air fryer recipes require.
- Most importantly, check your air fryer manual or call the manufacturer to make sure you can use parchment paper in your specific air fryer.
How to use parchment paper in your air fryer
For example; if you’re making cinnamon rolls in your air fryer you’ll want to space them out so that they’re covering most of the areas of the perforated parchment paper for air fryers. Remember this is to prevent it from being blown around and up into the fan.
Bake the cinnamon rolls and then top with the frosting.
Remove the cinnamon rolls from the parchment paper and air fryer basked and then discard the parchment paper.
Give your air fryer a quick clean if needed as air does circulate around the air fryer.
Air fryer parchment paper we use:
- We use these round air fryer parchment papers in our Ninja air fryer.
- We use these quarter sheet parchment papers in our Cuisinart air fryer that is an oven style. Note: these are not perforated.
- The same brand also makes these square air fryer perforated parchment papers.
We use these round perforated parchment air fryer liners in our Ninja air fryer and use these quarter sheet parchment papers in our Cuisinart air fryer. They also make these square perforated parchment paper for the air fryer.
Yes, for example, we cannot fine perforated liners for our air fryer toaster oven so in theory, we could use a hole puncher to create the holes for air flow. We find that our air fryer oven needs to be flipped anyway so if it’s something that needs the air flow we just put it directly on the air fryer rack.
You will lose some of the crispiness depending on how many perforated holes and what it is you are air frying. We always recommend shaking or flipping anything though.
No, wax paper is not good for cooking. Do not use wax paper in your air fryer.
Yes, you can but we prefer to use aluminum foil strictly for covering casseroles. Parchment paper is a better option for nonstick and easy cleanup.
We suggest going with a good quality silicone that is dishwasher safe. We didn’t love silicone so we just use parchment or the actual air fryer rack.
Leave a Reply