Kid Friendly Cheesy Garlic Mashed Potatoes are the perfect holiday side dish that everyone will enjoy. Vegetarian and delicious!
Growing up, potato anything was my favorite food and it’s becoming true for my mini chef too! Kay LOVES potatoes. 🙂 She especially loves making mashed potatoes since she gets to use her handy potato masher. We start by making our perfect mashed potatoes recipe, but we add more flavor and of course cheese to make it cheesy!
These potatoes are full of flavor and they’re super simple for kids to make.
This is a super simple side dish recipes for holiday cooking with the kids! They can mash, mix, pour, and enjoy once they’re all done.
If you don’t like the garlic salt you could easily use fresh roasted garlic, but we’ve always used Lawry’s for this recipe. We even make this as a baked potato, not just mashed potatoes! It’s so delicious! We hope you enjoy. 🙂
- 1 batch perfect mashed potatoes (mix of Russet and Yukon)
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Garlic Salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- * 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese for topping
Place all the ingredients into the mashed potatoes and mix.
Scoop the mashed potatoes into an oven safe dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Heat just until the cheese is melted on top.
Mix the cheese into the mashed potatoes and enjoy!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 5 fabulous bloggers, find out more about the Mini Chef Mondays Team!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Cheesy Garlic Mashed Potatoes // Courtney’s Sweets
- Pomegranate Almond Chocolate Bark // Finding Zest
Sweet Potato Waffles Recipe with Pomegranate Syrup // Eating Richly
- Vanilla-Orange Candied Cranberries // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Candied Pomegranate Vanilla Cashews // Vegging at the Shore
- Pilgrim Hat Marshmallow Pops // My Mini Adventurer