Homemade Chicken and Broccoli Mac and Cheese is a quick and easy family meal that you can make in less than an hour. Special thanks to Barber Foods for sponsoring this #BarberNight recipe.
Making your family dinner recipes does not mean you need to slave away in the kitchen for hours. We used Barber Foods Broccoli & Cheese stuffed chicken breasts to make this quick and easy recipe.
This is a complete meal and when my husband works late nights it’s one of my go-to comfort food recipes that I know my daughter will enjoy too. This makes the perfect portion for us and we have a little leftover. You get all the foods you need in your meal, chicken, vegetable, and starch.
I start off by placing the chicken breasts into the oven. The breasts are raw so they take about 35-40 minutes to cook until they reach 165 degrees. While they’re cooking I get started on my baked mac and cheese recipe. I use my favorite old fashioned macaroni and cheese recipe for this. It’s so much better than boxed mixes and cooks up quickly too.
First you want to pick the cheese you like. You could use gouda, gruyère, fontina, brie, but we tend to stink to the classic cheddar for our macaroni and cheese recipes. Plus, you’ll get tons of flavor from the cheesy chicken and broccoli stuffed chicken breasts.
When we add the chicken breast we cut them into bite size chunks and simply mix into the mac and cheese. We don’t cook it too long since the chicken is fully cooked. That being said, the chicken is so juicy that it would be really hard to overcook in the mac and cheese.
We hope you enjoy this easy family dinner recipe, enjoy!
Chicken Broccoli Mac and Cheese Recipe
Homemade Chicken and Broccoli Mac and Cheese is a quick and easy family meal that you can make in less than an hour.
- 2 Barber Foods Broccoli & Cheese Chicken Breasts
- 2 cups elbow macaroni , dry (we used elbows and mini pasta shells)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese , shredded
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/8 cup panko
- Preheat oven to 375 and cook chicken breasts until 165 degrees.
- In a large pot bring water to a boil and cook elbow macaroni.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the butter in a skillet over med-high heat.
- Once the butter is melted, add in the flour and mix, mix, mix.
- Now it should become a roux, slowly add in the milk while continuously mixing.
- Once the milk and roux are combined, add the cheddar cheese.
- Set aside and drain the pasta, which should be fully cooked now.
- Combine the pasta, cheddar cheese sauce, and chicken.
- Place the mixture into an oven safe dish and top with cheddar cheese and panko.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes in a 375 degree oven.
Nutrition information does not include Barber Chicken.