Mini Chef Mondays Christmas Tree Holiday Brownies
What a fun way to decorate brownies, plus who doesn’t love to decorate their Christmas Tree? We haven’t even gotten our tree yet, but getting it soon! We love to having a real tree and usually wait until last minute. This year we think we may end up going with a fake tree. Kay loves baking and had an absolute blast making Christmas Tree Holiday Brownies! She also had an incredible time eatings sprinkles, haha!
We used a round cake pan and then cut the brownies like you would cut a pizza! You can use our brownie recipe or your favorite recipe/box recipe if you’d like. We like to put an OREO cookie surprise into our Christmas Tree Holiday Brownies! We iced the brownies with semi-sweet chocolate and then green chocolate. They’re super yummy and filled with chocolate chips too. We made these just like we made our Pumpkin Halloween Brownies!!
We hope you enjoy this recipe and enjoy the holiday season as well!
Christmas Tree Holiday Brownies
- 1/4 Cup Plain Yogurt
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 Cup Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- Oreo Cookies
- (chocolate for frosting and sprinkles!)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients aside from chocolate chips and oreos, mix well.
- Once mixed fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a round cake pan.
- Place oreos into the batter.
- Then cover the oreos with the brownie batter.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until tooth pick inserted comes out with minimal crumbs.
- Let cool, then cut into trees and decorate with melted chocolate and sprinkles.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Additionally, if you have a kid-friendly recipe that kids can easily recreate link up! Don’t have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.
- Applesauce Cinnamon Ornaments // Momma Lew
- Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls // Baby Loving Mama
- Christmas Inspired Rice Krispie Treats // We’re Parents
- Creamy & Crunchy Chicken Crescents // Frugal Novice
- Asian Pork Belly Bean Soup Recipe // Eating Richly
- Grinch Green Hot Chocolate // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Pizza Burger Sliders // Step Stool Chef
- Cheese Blintzes with Strawberry Sauce Like Your Grandmother Made // Vegging at the Shore
- Gourmet Potatoes // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Gingerbread Pancakes // O’Boy! Organic
- Hanukkah Gelt Cookies! // Can’t Google Everything