Creamy Chicken with Fire Roasted Corn. Tender bits of corn, shredded chicken, pureed vegetables, complete this comforting fall meal.
I’m always looking for ways to reinvent the food we eat, and at the same time incorporate healthy options instead of richer/fattier food. I love anything over rice.. we try to limit our rice to about 3 times a month so when we have it I want it paired with the ultimate comfort food. Ultimate comfort food to me is a rich and creamy dish where you’d have heavy cream or loads of butter.. however with the use of a blender you can get that same creamy mouth feel and even your tummy will thank you. At least mine does!
We frequently shop at Whole Foods so when I see something new I always have to try it. I often purchase frozen items when I can due to the freshness or availability. Corn is something they didn’t have so when I saw they had a fire roasted corn I just had to get it. It’s insanely good on it’s own and it really kicked up my recipe – it was the perfect addition. This could be easily made in a slow-cooker and then prepped quickly once you’re about to sit down for dinner. Seriously.. so easy and delicious!
Full of vegetables, protein, and you could easily omit the rice and serve over wheat pasta or quinoa! I just find this so comforting during these cold fall nights.
Creamy Chicken with Fire Roasted Corn
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 5 Carrots
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 Large Tomato
- 1 Large Russet Potato
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Parsley
- 1/2 Teaspoon Thyme
- 1 Teaspoon Seasoned Salt
- 32 Ounces Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 lb Frozen Cauliflower
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne
- 1 1/2 Cup Frozen Fire Roasted Corn
- Rough chop carrots, onions, tomato, and potato.
- In a large stockpot place in all vegetables that you chopped along with chicken, parsley, thyme, pepper, salt, and garlic.
- Pour in Chicken broth and cook until boiling, once boiling reduce heat and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Once vegetables are tender pour them into a blender along with chicken broth and cauliflower. (Note: do this in small batches)
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Place mixture into the pot and shred chicken before adding back in.
- Sprinkle in cayenne and corn, then cook until corn is no longer frozen. Serve over your favorite starch - we like to serve over jasmine rice.