PR sample provided for review purposes – All opinions are our own. This post contains an affiliate link.
The best car seat for a truck is hands down the Diono RadianRXT Convertible Car Seat! We recently purchased a Dodge Ram 1500 for Chris, but finding a sleek enough car seat so that someone could sit in the front was proving impossible. Chris also hates girly colors in his manly truck so we were so happy that Diono has a bunch of different colors to choose from. We actually went with the Plum, for the Ravens! Eventually, we may get a Ravens logo stitched into it as you can actually take the cover off the seat.
here’s why it’s one of our favorite car seats:
- baby is comfortable, and no sweating! (car seat is a bit more open than other seats we’ve used)
- 10 year life
- steel alloy frame
- aluminum reinforced side walls
- fits 3 across in most mid-size vehicles (folds flat for travel)
- rear facing from 5-45lbs and forward from 20-80
- converts to a boost for children 50-120lbs
- super easy installation using the SuperLATCH
- they have instructional videos on their youtube channel
- plenty of leg room for rear facing
- easy to install rear facing using base
Kay also likes to fiddle with her straps and chest clip – it’s MUCH harder for her to move in the Diono Radian RXT. Here’s her mocking me 😉
some things we didn’t like:
- manual re-thread harness
- harness is a bit “sticky” when tightening
- headrest (headwings) adjustment is a bit awkward
The Diono RadianRXT comes with infant body supports and has memory foam for added comfort as well. The sides are impact protected with energy-absorbing EPS foam for added safety. We were using the Diono Angle Adjuster, ut noticed it pushed baby too much forward and we’ve stopped using it. While using it we did have a lot of space for someone in the front. However since we’ve removed it’s a bit cramped up there. The cover is machine washable, but Diono does not recommend you put it in a washer with an agitator.
Overall this is an excellent seat and we really love all the safety features and the design itself. Kay loves going in her purple seat and it’s also one of her favorite colors 🙂