These chocolate hot cocoa cupcakes are a great way to make hot cocoa even and delicious. Great after a snow storm!
this post contains affiliate links – if you make a purchase through the link we earn a commission, thanks for supporting our site!
What is a hot chocolate cupcake? It’s a chocolate cupcake shell filled with chocolate chips and marshmallows.
We got a ton of snow recently here and my mini chef LOVES hot chocolate right when we come inside after playing, who doesn’t? She’s too funny and insists hot cocoa and hot chocolate are NOT the same.
Instead of putting marshmallows and whipped cream we now put hot cocoa cupcakes into our hot chocolate. It melts right in and makes it even more chocolatey! Plus you get the marshmallows. 🙂
These hot cocoa cupcakes are sooo yummy, they’re not just for melting in your hot cocoa. They make a delicious candy recipe too. You can just pick them up and enjoy!
If you like chocolate covered marshmallows you’ll love these cupcakes.
If you want you can use mini cupcakes too. We like making them shallow like a peanut butter cup.
products we used:
Pastry Brush Silicone, X-Chef BBQ Brushes Basting Brush Set Heat Resistant for Kitchen Grilling Camping Dishwasher Safe (Set of 4)Wilton White Standard 75 Baking Cups, Single PackOXO Good Grips Non-Stick 12 Cup Muffin PanJet Puffed Mini Marshmallows, 10.0-Ounce BagGhirardelli Chocolate Baking Mini Chips, Semi-Sweet Chocolate, 10 oz., 6 CountEnjoy Life, Semi Sweet Chocolate Chip, 10 ozGuittard Chocolate Chip Semisweet 12oz (Pack of 4)Guittard, Real Milk Chocolate Baking Chips, 11.5oz Bag (Pack of 4)
It’s such a simple recipe that you mini chef can make.
- melted milk or semi-sweet chocolate
- mini chocolate chips
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Brush chocolate inside the cupcake liner with a pastry brush.
- Sprinkle in the marshmallows and mini chocolate chips.
- Place the muffin tin into the refrigerator and allow to set.
- Once ready pull them out of the liners and plop into your hot cocoa or enjoy as is.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 4 fabulous bloggers, find out more about the Mini Chef Mondays Team!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Yogurt Flatbread Pizza Heart // Finding Zest
- Strawberry Sprinkle Donut Hearts Totally Dye Free! // Eating Richly
- Crispy Turmeric Chickpeas // Vegging at the Shore
- Lunch Meat Lettuce Wraps // My Mini Adventurer