These chocolate hot cocoa cupcakes are a great way to make hot cocoa even and delicious. Great after a snow storm! Take our hot chocolate cupcakes and turn it into hot cocoa by mixing it into warm milk.
What is a hot chocolate cupcake? It’s a chocolate cupcake shell filled with chocolate chips and marshmallows.
We got a ton of snow recently here and my mini chef LOVES hot chocolate right when we come inside after playing, who doesn’t? She’s too funny and insists hot cocoa and hot chocolate are NOT the same.
Instead of putting marshmallows and whipped cream we now put hot cocoa cupcakes into our hot chocolate. It melts right in and makes it even more chocolatey! Plus you get the marshmallows. 🙂
These hot cocoa cupcakes are sooo yummy, they’re not just for melting in your hot cocoa. They make a delicious candy recipe too. You can just pick them up and enjoy!
If you like chocolate covered marshmallows you’ll love these cupcakes.
If you want you can use mini cupcakes too. We like making them shallow like a peanut butter cup.
It’s such a simple recipe that you mini chef can make.
Hot Cocoa Cupcakes
- 2 cups chocolate melted
- 1 cup marshmallows mini
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Brush chocolate inside the cupcake liner with a pastry brush.
- Sprinkle in the marshmallows and mini chocolate chips.
- Place the muffin tin into the refrigerator and allow to set.
- Once ready pull them out of the liners and plop into your hot cocoa or enjoy as is.