Do you know How To Grow Green Onions from Scraps? Well, we’re going to share how today! It’s super simple, and you’ll get fresh green onions from a food scrap you’d usually throw away.
We’re doing a science theme for the rest of June on Periscope and today we showed you how we’re regrowing romaine lettuce and green onions! For us, the romaine lettuce is just for fun, but the green onions are something we recommend to regrow. There’s no need to buy green onions ever again! Just snip off what you need and you have fresh green onions whenever you need them.
My mini chef shows you how to trim them. We trim them with a generous amount on the bottom so they can stand on their own and have a good root system. You don’t need any dirt. Just a fun little container with some water. Make sure you change the water out every few days, so it doesn’t get funky. Hooray, now you have an endless supply of green onions!
I let my mini chef cut using her Curious Chef Knife. It’s a great first knife for kids!
We cut these this morning and there’s already new growth!!
How To Grow Green Onions from Scraps
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Finding Dory Inspired Food Art // Momma Lew
- Homemade Strawberry Rhubarb Lemonade // Finding Zest
- Pina Colada Smoothie // We’re Parents
- 15 Edible Father’s Day Gifts the Dad Will Love // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Chocolate Brownie Peanut Butter Parfait // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Simple Carrot Cherry Salad // Vegging at the Shore
- Easy and Healthy Homemade Jello // O’Boy! Organic
- Homemade Ravioli // My Mini Adventurer