Mint Chocolate Chip Popsicles are refreshing and delicious! I was compensated by Nielsen-Massey Vanillas for my time in developing this recipe and post. All opinions are my own.
Popsicles are on of our favorite treats to make. Recently my daughter started to share our love for all things mint chocolate chip! Now that we’re heading into back to school season I thought it would be fun to have some tasty popsicles in the freezer ready for my little one when the school day is over.
This ice pop recipe is refreshing and perfect for the whole family, especially during the back to school season. For this mint chocolate chip popsicle recipe, I used 1/3 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey’s Pure Peppermint Extract and Pure Vanilla Extract. All Nielsen-Massey products are all-natural, certified gluten-free, certified Kosher,
allergen-free and GMO-Free. The itty bitty chocolate chips, and of course the probiotics in our Greek yogurt. My mini chef loves helping me make these popsicles. It’s an easy recipe for the whole family to enjoy and make together.
Mint Chocolate Chip Popsicles, so creamy!
With back to school season, you also get back to school bugs! Probiotics are essential in our diet and freezing it doesn’t kill it, it only preserves them. You can also put this mixture into push pop molds or even fun shaped popsicle molds. If you do the push pop mold we recommend using little or no milk for an even creamier treat.
I had tried making these with spinach to get the green color, but we could taste the greens. We like to eat them without the green, but we used a little food coloring since everyone thinks of mint chocolate chip with the color green.
Did you know that Peppermint was originally consumed for medicinal purposes with archaeological evidence dating its use back almost ten thousand years? It’s craft from the finest mint oils and they have the strictest quality standards. I love using it in cakes, icing, ice cream, and even drinks!
When I choose flavorings for cooking, baking, and even freezing we opt for Nielsen-Massey! I’ve been using their flavors and pure extracts for over 10 years now, wow – that’s a long time 🙂 Fun some fun flavor pairings and recipe ideas! Did you know they founded in 1907 and it still remains a family company, owned and operated now by the 3 rd generation of Nielsens!
Mint Chocolate Chip Popsicles
- 2 cups whole milk greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar can also use maple syrup or honey
- 1/3 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Pure Peppermint Extract
- 1/3 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Pure Vanilla Extract
- green food coloring (optional)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a large bowl mix the greek yogurt and milk together.
- Once combined add in the sugar, extracts and food dye if desired to have green.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the popsicle mixture into your favorite mold and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- If you like a sweet popsicle use more sugar. You can easily taste the mixture before freezing to ensure you'll like the flavor once frozen. 🙂