sour cream coffee cake, sour cream coffee cake recipe, easy coffee cake recipe sour cream, coffee sour cream cake moist sour cream coffee cake, easy sour cream coffee cake
So I don’t know about you, but I’m a huge crumb cake fan. The cake is good, but the crumb is just amazing. Oh and let’s not forget the powdered sugar. I can remember eating this at least once a week when I was a kid. I didn’t complain for ice cream or cookies whenever this was in the house.
Crumb cake is definitely a childhood favorite. Not only is it easy to make, but it’s also easy to eat. 🙂 As I type this up I’m wishing I had a piece right now. Unfortunately it didn’t last too long in this house. Usually I’ll just nibble recipes I try just to get a taste, but this I couldn’t help eating two pieces. That’s what a gym membership is for right? Let’s not comment on the hours I spent on the treadmill working this off. Instead let’s talk about the butter.. Yes. Use GOOD butter. This cake took one block of the most amazing butter in the world. Not only is Kerrygold butter amazing just plain on toast, but for baking I find it’s the best.
Okay I’m positive you’ll want to make this, so I’ll tell you how!
I slightly adapted the ingredients which are labeled in bold with the adaption made.’
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup sugar packed
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined.
- Pour cake batter into the desired baking dish, we use a springform pan.
- In a separate bowl mix together the topping ingredients.
- Top batter with crumb topping
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.