Elevate your cookie game with these pecan chocolate chip cookies. Soft fluffy chocolate chip cookies that are topped with pecans. A must make cookie recipe that will win everyone over with one single bite.
These cookies are a must make for a bake sale, cookie swap, or holiday entertaining. You might have all these ingredients on hand in your pantry already.
- Butter – You can use salted butter, but just omit the salt in the recipe.
- Light Brown Sugar – The brown sugar is going to give the sugar a warming caramel note.
- Vanilla Extract
- All Purpose Flour – Make sure to scoop the flour into the measuring cup and then level it off.
- Crushed Pecans – You will find the pecans add a nice crunch factor to the cookies.
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips – You are welcome to use any type of chocolate if you would.
- Granulated Sugar – The sugar is used for sprinkling on top of the cookies. This is optional.
For the full ingredient amount and full instructions on how to make chocolate chip pecan cookies see the recipe card below.
Preheat oven to 375F degrees
Start by adding your butter, light brown sugar, egg, and vanilla together in a bowl.
Cream together and allow it to lighten in the color of the batter.
Slowly add in the dry ingredients, mixing well in between to ensure the flour gets fully incorporated.
The cookie dough will be sticky and forms together, as you can see here.
Fold in the pecans and chocolate chips. Just enough to incorporate the ingredients.
Next, scoop up the cookie dough on a baking sheet. Make sure to leave 2 inches of space between the cookies.
Top with a pecan and if you want dust with a little granulated sugar. As you can see this is a pretty straightforward pecan chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Recipe tips and variations
- Make sure to cream the butter and sugar together for 2-3 minutes. This is going to transform the flavor of the cookies and add a light texture.
- You can use any variety of chocolate chips you would like. You might even like milk chocolate or white chocolate chip.
- Make sure to not overbake the cookies, or they will become crumbly and dry.
- I recommend using a cookie scoop to ensure the cookies are even and size and bake up all at the same time.
Storage and reheating tips
- Room Temperature: Store any pecan cookies in an air-tight container on the counter for up to 5 days.
- Freeze: To freeze chocolate chip pecan cookies, place them in an airtight freezer-safe container and freeze for 3-4 months.
How to serve
These homemade chocolate chip cookies are best served warm from the oven. If you happen to keep them in advance just try to eat within the first 1-2 days. You will find the cookies begin to try out after that.
Frequently asked questions
The butter in cookies is what is going to help give you a soft texture to the cookies. The more solid ingredients affect the cookie as well.
You do not have to sift flour for cookies. Sifting flour allows the flour to aerate more, and you can get an even measure of the flour.
If you add too many dry ingredients or overbake the cookies you will find these two factors can be what is causing your cookies to be hard.
Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
click the stars to rate this recipePrint Pin Recipe
- 2 sticks unsalted butter 1 cup
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup crushed pecans + extra to top the cookies
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar for sprinkling the tops when done, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter, light brown sugar, egg and vanilla until well combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour and salt together and then slowly add it to the wet mixture. Fold in the 1/2 cup pecans and the chocolate chips.
- Scoop balls out around 1 tablespoon in size, or use a medium sized cookie scoop. Place onto a cookie sheet 2 inches apart and push a pecan into the cookie top.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, sprinkle with a little sugar when they are done.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.
So nice to have you here! Did you try this recipe? ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Be sure to leave a recipe rating! Also, tag us @courtneyssweets #courtneyssweets on Instagram so we can share it!