The Eggland’s Best information, coupons, gift card, and additional gift pack have been provided by Eggland’s Best.
Potato, Eggs, and Ham Pancakes, bits of potato, ham, and a delicious alternative to the traditional sweet breakfast pancakes.
Kay is super picky. Kay has FPIES. Those two things make cooking for her extremely difficult. Of course she loves sweets, so there’s no problem there! I’m extremely grateful that she’ll eat regular eggs for breakfast. She especially loves them with a little basil and caramelized onions. My issue is getting other foods into her. I love creating kid-friendly recipes that I know she will devour. Like Potato, Egg and Ham Pancakes! It was a winner as soon as I said pancake. Growing up my mother would make me potato latkes. They’re delicious fried potato pancakes with a little egg, lots of potato, matzo meal and oil for frying. I figured if I made that she’d love it, however I wanted to make it a little better!
I’m thrilled at the opportunity to create a Kid-Approved Recipe for Eggland’s Best. We enjoy their organic eggs and the recipe we created uses a half dozen eggs! She gobbled up her pancakes and asked for more right away. It’s loaded with protein to give your child a great start to their day. By making pancakes loaded with eggs I can ensure Kay is having nutrients that will keep her energized and give her the strength and focus she needs throughout the day.
EB Eggs have DOUBLE the Omega-3s which makes me a happy mommy! Omega-3’s are excellent for your diet and if your picky eater isn’t getting enough, Eggland’s Best eggs are a great way to get it in! They’re even packed with 4x the amount of Vitamin D helping your child absorb calcium from their morning milk too. See all the nutritional benefits Eggland’s Best Eggs offers.
- 2 potatoes chopped
- 1/2 onion minced
- 6 eggs
- 2 slices ham chopped
- 1/4-1/3 cup flour depending on the size of your potatoes you may need a little less or more
- salt + pepper to taste
- Boil your potatoes in a large pot, once cooked enough (think mashed potatoes) drain.
- Start mashing the potatoes but do not add any liquid, just mash.
- Once the potatoes are mashed add in the onions, eggs, ham, flour and salt & pepper.
- Place ghee or butter in a frying pan and add ladle full of your pancake batter.
- Cook until crispy and flip, cook both sides completely, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Enjoy with ketchup or on it's own!
Get social with Eggland’s Best
One lucky reader is going to win an Eggland’s Best Prize pack!
- TWO (2) Coupons for a free Carton of EB Eggs
- $25 Visa Gift Card to create your own Kid-Approved EB Egg Recipe