Our Quick and easy Potato Salad with Eggs Recipe is a great summer side dish for parties. Kid friendly recipe kids can help make it too!
My mini chef loves helping in the kitchen, especially when it comes to our faves! She eagerly helps to mix, chop, cook whatever!
Old Fashioned Potato Salad just like grandma made, potato salad with eggs recipe!
When we use this recipe, we typically add eggs, but if you want more of a traditional potato salad you could leave the eggs out. Another great addition I like to add in sometimes is celery that’s chopped finely for our old fashioned potato salad.
When we’re making this, I have to make extra hard boiled eggs for Kay to snack on. She loves hard boiled eggs, especially the yolks, that’s her favorite part!
This is a great side dish recipe to bring to potlucks, summer parties, BBQs, or even birthday parties! We love serving it to our family and friends.
If you want to pack it with more flavor you can also add in some bacon! We make a delicious potato salad with bacon, seriously the best potato salad recipe has to have bacon right? Haha! We always make a red potato salad, but you can also use other potatoes.
We just like to have some more color in our salad whenever possible. 🙂
we hope you enjoy our potato salad recipe with egg
Old Fashioned Potato Salad that tastes just like your grandma made it! Our Quick and easy Potato Salad with Eggs Recipe is a great summer side dish!
- 4 Red Medium Red Potatoes
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Scallions
- 1/4 Teaspoon Celery Seed
- 1/8 Teaspoon Pepper
- 2-3 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1-2 Tablespoons White Vinegar
- Tips of Scallions for Garnish
- Paprika for garnish
- Chop the potatoes into bite size cubes. Place potatoes in a pot with cold water about 2-3 inches above the potatoes, and sprinkle with a little sea salt. Place on medium heat.
- Boil for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Not soft enough for mashing.
Now for the eggs - cover the eggs in a saucepan with cold water, pour in about 2 tablespoons of vinegar into it.
- Once the eggs start to boil, take them off the heat and keep covered for 15 minutes. Once they’re done, peel and chop them into bite size chunks.
- Wash, dry, and slice your scallions.
- Add the eggs, scallions, celery seed, pepper, mayonnaise, and vinegar to the potatoes in a large bowl.
- Mix together and top with some greens of the scallions and paprika.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 4 fabulous bloggers, find out more about the Mini Chef Mondays Team!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share your own recipes!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Easy Easter Cinnamon Rolls // Finding Zest
- Irish Treats for St. Patrick’s Day: Potato Candy // Eating Richly
- Easy Weeknight Toasted Ravioli // Vegging at the Shore
- Homemade Rainbow Fruit Sorbet // My Mini Adventurer