These Pumpkin Brownies with Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl are the perfect brown dessert for fall! We make this recipe super simple using your favorite brownie mix.
Whether you need a great recipe for Thanksgiving or just craving a sweet treat, this pumpkin brownie recipe is sure to be a hit. It’s easy to make and even easier to clean up if you use parchment paper or aluminum foil.
To make this recipe super simple we use a boxed brownie mix. That being said you could also use your favorite brownie recipe from scratch as well. The magic is the pumpkin cheesecake swirl that we dollop onto of the brownies and swirl into the brownie batter.
Don’t want to make this with pumpkin? Just add two more ounces of cream cheese and you’ll have traditional Cheesecake Swirled Brownies!
INGREDIENTS FOR PUMPKIN BROWNIES
- Brownie Mix or your favorite brownie recipe
- Ingredients for your brownie mix
- Cream Cheese
- Pumpkin Puree
- All Purpose Flour
- Use your favorite brownie mix or favorite brownie recipe
- Make it into muffins for an extra fun individual treat
- Get festive with sprinkles or a dusting of powdered sugar
Pumpkin Brownies with Cheesecake Swirl
- 1 box brownie mix cook according to package instructions and add the extra egg yolk from pumpkin swirl
- 3 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree not pie filling
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 egg white use the extra yolk in brownie mix and only the egg white for the swirl
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 9 inch baking pan with non-stick spray. The pan can be lined with foil or parchment paper for easy removal; spray the lining lightly with non-stick spray.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and sugar; mix until it’s smooth and creamy. Add in the pumpkin, flour, spices and egg white; mixing again until well combined. Set aside.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the mix instructions, adding in the extra egg yolk that was separated from the pumpkin swirl egg. Set aside a 1/2 cup of the brownie mixture and pour the remaining mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Dollop the pumpkin swirl mixture all over the top of the brownies, then dollup the remaining brownie mixture on top of that. Using a knife, swirl through the top to create a nice swirl pattern.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a tooth pick comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting. Store covered in the refrigerator.