Father’s Day is right around the corner and Kay and I are thinking of ways to make his day extra special! We love making homemade gifts so it would definitely be something unique and not store bought! We’ll also be making his favorite dinner, MEATBALLS! Chris and I have been doing so well laying of the sweets and junk food but I know he loves ice cream and candy.. so for Father’s Day I’m going to make him a healthier “ice cream” for dessert. Using our favorite frozen banana method and a chocolate candy. 🙂
Bananas are so good for you and surprisingly they make an absolutely delicious version of “ice cream”. It’s perfect for those with lactose intolerance, dairy allergies, soy allergies, and I could go on and on 🙂 Chris and I have a favorite candy bar that we used to share, one for me one for him. TWIX! Now Twix has gone bite size in the new TWIX® Bites! We’ve been enjoying MARS candy bars for years, and SNICKERS® MILKY WAY® Simply Caramel, 3 MUSKETEERS®, or regular MILKY WAY® come in the Bites too! What makes these so much fun is that they’re obviously bite-size, unwrapped, and a perfect little snack unlike the other fun-size ones these are itty bitty!
We found the Twix Bites along with other bites right in the candy section at Walmart 🙂
BONUS COUPON ALERT >> SAVE $1-$3!
- receive $1.00 off when you buy two 2.83 oz. or larger bags OR $3.00 off when you buy two 6 oz. or larger bags
- or Save $3.00 Off any two (2) MARS Brand Bites, 6oz. or larger. Includes TWIX®, 3 MUSKETEERS®, MILKY WAY® Simply Caramel, MILKY WAY® & SNICKERS®
So as a part of #EatMoreBites #CollectiveBias I wanted to come up with a way that hubby and I could still indulge in our favorite candy but with a little less guilt! This recipe is perfect for Father’s Day! I could have easily tossed them into cookies, brownies, or a cake, but where’s the fun in the traditional? We like to do things a little different and keep it exciting and fun! As I walked away after taking pictures hubby took care of all the “clean up”. Let’s just say I think he likes his Father’s Day dessert 🙂
Quick and Easy TWIX® Bites Banana "Ice Cream" Recipe for Father's Day
- 4 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup Twix Bites
- Place frozen bananas in a food processor or high speed blender.
- Make into "ice cream" and fold in chopped up Twix Bites.
- Place the mixture in a freezer safe bowl in the freezer for at least an hour.
- Scoop your desired amount into a cone or bowl. (you may need to let it sit for a little to scoop easily)