Post sponsored by Mirum. Opinions are 100% my own.
Our Grilled Steak with Rustic Beans and Rice make the perfect meal for the whole family, topped with a tasty grilled onions!
Simple dinners are the best dinners, right? One that uses minimal dishes and that can feed everyone is a winner for us.
My whole family loves rice and beans, pair it with a perfectly cooked steak, and then everyone is happy. Fall is finally here, and the beautiful weather makes me want home cooking, but with all of the holiday planning and running around, I don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. I want a meal that is full of flavor, but not tons of hard work.
That’s when I turn to Knorr® Selects at Food Lion. They’re gluten free (make sure to read package, pasta would not be gluten free!), and that means a lot for our family right now. Kaylee has been having some stomach troubles since August, and we finally nailed it down to gluten. Not sure if it’s gluten intolerance or celiac, but we should know more after a few trials and tests. Knorr is also free from artificial flavors and preservatives, so you can feel good letting the family enjoy! 🙂
Since we’re a rice, bean, and loving steak family I was immediately intrigued by Knorr® Selects Rustic Mexican Rice & Beans. You can find a few recipes on their site and we had to try the Sizzling Mexican Steak!
I like making recipes I see online often, but I always change a few things. This recipe I really didn’t change anything aside from the way the steak and onions were cooked. Instead of microwaving the onions I grilled them. Instead of pan frying the steak, I grilled it. I grilled the onions after the steak so it would get those juices and then tossed it in the dressing.
My family likes steak a medium well and this steak was grilled to perfection. I seasoned the steak a little with salt, pepper, and chili powder. I just love the way it paired with the Rustic Mexican Rice & Beans Knorr® Selects. When you make this I suggest making a little more of the honey lime dressing with the onions, no need to double or triple the onions, but my husband likes to pour the dressing over all of it! 🙂
Find other Knorr® Selects varieties at Food Lion:
- Knorr® Selects Four Cheese Risotto
- Knorr® Selects Asiago Cheese & Cracked Black Pepper Rice
- Knorr® Selects Roasted Garlic Alfredo Rice
- Knorr® Selects White Cheddar Broccoli Rice
- Knorr® Selects Rustic Mexican Rice & Beans
- Knorr® Selects Spinach & Artichoke Rice
Sizzling Mexican Steak with Rice and Beans
- 1 lb sirloin steak boneless
- 1/2 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1 tbs fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 2 tbs olive oil dividied
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 package Knorr Selects™ Rustic Mexican Rice & Beans
- Mexican Steak:Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in grill pan and add steak. Season steak as desired. (I used chili powder, pepper, and salt)For onions:Grill onion after steak and then mix with cilantro, lime juice and honey. Stir it up and set aside.Veggies:Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in pan and cook your bell pepper and corn for about 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.POUR your water and Knorr® Selects™ into the same pan. Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat to medium and continue cooking covered for 10 minutes.STIR in your steak and serve topped with your reserved grilled red onions; now it’s delicious. Dig in!