OREO CUPCAKES !!
So I’ve been excited to try these cupcakes by the Cupcake Doctor, they’re Oreo Cupcakes!
I really enjoyed making these, they taste pretty good too! I love the cookie on the bottom! If you pull them apart you won’t get the even cream on both sides so I turned them until they came apart. For the icing I made Buttercream Dream and just added Oreo crumbs.
Good cupcake, can’t wait to try more of her recipes!
Update: These are AMAZING cold! 🙂
- 30 Oreo Cookies
- 1 package white cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line cupcake pans with liners and set aside.
- Take 12 OREO cookies separate the top and bottom. Make sure each has some of the icing on it. Place the cookies into the cupcake liners with the icing up.
- Mix the cake mix, sour cream, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Crush remaining OREOs and use 1 1/2 cups of the crushed Oreos and fold these into the batter until well incorporated.
- Set aside the remaining crushed Oreos for the frosting.
- Scoop 1/3 cup batter into each lined cupcake cup, filling it three-quarters of the way full.
- Bake the cupcakes until they are lightly golden and a toothpick inserted comes out with minimal to no crumbs, about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from the pan and cool on wire racks to cool before frosting.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.