OREO CUPCAKES !!
So I’ve been excited to try these cupcakes by the Cupcake Doctor, they’re Oreo Cupcakes!
I really enjoyed making these, they taste pretty good too! I love the cookie on the bottom! If you pull them apart you won’t get the even cream on both sides so I turned them until they came apart. For the icing I made Buttercream Dream and just added Oreo crumbs.
Good cupcake, can’t wait to try more of her recipes!
Update: These are AMAZING cold! 🙂
- 30 Oreo Cookies
- 1 package white cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line cupcake pans with liners and set aside.
- Take 12 OREO cookies separate the top and bottom. Make sure each has some of the icing on it. Place the cookies into the cupcake liners with the icing up.
- Mix the cake mix, sour cream, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Crush remaining OREOs and use 1 1/2 cups of the crushed Oreos and fold these into the batter until well incorporated.
- Set aside the remaining crushed Oreos for the frosting.
- Scoop 1/3 cup batter into each lined cupcake cup, filling it three-quarters of the way full.
- Bake the cupcakes until they are lightly golden and a toothpick inserted comes out with minimal to no crumbs, about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from the pan and cool on wire racks to cool before frosting.