Homemade Fried Dough Zeppoles Recipe Without Ricotta
click the stars to rate this recipePrint Pin Recipe
- 1 cup water about 110 degrees
- 1 package active dry yeast 2 1/2 teaspoons
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Coconut oil for frying or any vegetable oil
- Powdered sugar for coating
- Mix the yeast and water.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour and salt.
- Once the yeast is creamy combine with the flour/salt mixture.
- Cover with saran and let sit for about an hour.
- The dough should double in size and become very airy.
- About 45 minutes into letting the dough sit you can start the fryer and heat to 375.
- Using your hand or a spoon plop the dough into the oil
- about a teaspoon size for smaller and tablespoon for bigger.
- Turn once and then once golden brown drain on paper towel.
- While hot and still oily shake them in a bowl filled with copious amounts of powdered sugar.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 4 fabulous bloggers, find out more about the Mini Chef Mondays Team!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share your own recipes!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Homemade Frozen Lemonade // Finding Zest
- Cheeseburger Bites are the Perfect Party Food // Eating Richly
- Strawberry Honey Overnight Oats // Vegging at the Shore
- Red, White and Blue Jello Cups // My Mini Adventurer