The Best Fruit Salad Recipes for kids are one they will eat, am I right? Easy Fruit Salad recipes are the best for kids. You simply lay out all their favorites and let them make their own fruit salad bowl. We love to serve our fruit salad with yogurt. Since we don’t mix the fruits we do not use a fruit salad dressing, but you could definitely put that on the side. 🙂
When making the best fruit salad recipe for kids you probably think about just mixing all the fruit together, like a salad, right? Well, not for kids! Now that my toddler is nearly 4, she knows what she does and doesn’t like. I could easily make a fruit salad with her favorite fruits, but when I do that, she insists on having just grapes from the fridge, not a fruit salad. That’s when I started to make everything separate. I use lemon or grapefruit juice to keep apples from browning and keep everything in its container. When it comes to dessert time I’ll put them all on a plate, put separated.
When she sees the plate, she gets so excited. I get a cute little cup, and she can pick out whatever she likes! Sometimes we’ll do pineapple, mango, citrus, banana, and other fruits, but this time she helped me pick out the fruit at the store. I always prep our fruit and veggies to prevent spoilage, it’s so much easier to enjoy when prepped.
The best fruit salad for kids is one they like and more importantly they like it when they get to pick out what they like!
Best Fruit Salad Recipe for Kids
- 1 plum
- 1 peach
- 1 kiwi
- 1 apple
- 4 strawberries
- 1/2 cup grapes
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Chop up big fruits into bite size pieces.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- 5 Kid Friendly Watermelon Recipes // Momma Lew
- Yogurt Fruit Breakfast Pizza // Finding Zest
- Watermelon Limeade Slushie // We’re Parents
- 4th of July Snacks that Kids Can Make Themselves // Eating Richly
- Jersey Style Pork Roll, Egg and Cheese Sandwich // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Make Your Own Oatmeal // Vegging at the Shore
- Real Fruit Healthy Slushies // O’Boy! Organic
- Fresh Watermelon Juice // My Mini Adventurer