This best lemonade recipe is the real deal! It's sweetened with sugar and oranges.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups fresh squeezed orange juice (about 8 large navel oranges)
- 1-1/2 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 5-7 large lemons)
- 4-5 cups of cold water
- Squeeze the juice from oranges and lemons. Set aside.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, combine sugar and water. Stir until sugar has dissolved and remove from heat.
- Add the sugar water, orange juice, lemon juice and cold water to a gallon pitcher and stir. Refrigerate until ready to use or pour over ice to enjoy now.
If you feel like this recipe is too sweet, cut the sugar by 1/2 a cup or add more cold water at the end. If you feel like you want it to be more tart, add 1/4 cup more lemon juice.
Looking for more lemonade recipes? Try these!