Breakfast Egg Cups make for a great brunch recipe! Make our egg cup recipe for a freezer-friendly and breakfast when meal planning. Special thanks to Hatfield® quality meats for sponsoring this quick and easy recipe.
Baked Egg Cups = portable breakfast
I originally started making baked egg cups as part of my breakfast meal planning and now it’s turned into the perfect handheld brunch recipe too! For meal planning, I only add bacon, spinach, mushrooms, and onions with the eggs, but when it’s brunch with friends and family I like to add in more sausage also. The sausage gives it, even more flavor and protein! You can make egg cups for anyone in the family with their favorite additions.
Like we mentioned above our baked egg muffins are freezer friendly. You simply make the breakfast egg cups and then allow them to cool a bit before wrapping up for the freezer. I like to place them in a large freezer safe bag and then take one out whenever I want to eat them.
When I’m making them for guests I do prefer to make the day of so they’re nice and fresh. If I’m in a rush I’ll make them before we head to church I’d cover them and place in the fridge. Once we get home with our guests I simply place them back into the oven and reheat. This egg cup recipe is so simple!
Hatfield® can be in so many dishes from your main course to breakfast. I have even known some to use bacon in their desserts! We love using the Recipe Essentials™ Sausage in our stuffing recipe as well. I like to use the Sweet Italian Sausage, but they also have Hot Italian, Ground Pork, Chorizo Ground, and Country Ground Sausage.
Now for the bacon, we opt for a thicker cut. I like to go with the
Thick Cut Hardwood Smoked Bacon. I always buy 3 packages for brunch. One goes into the muffins and then on the side, because our family loves bacon, haha!
PIN our egg muffins for later
Egg cup recipe
Breakfast Egg Cups
- 1 package of bacon
- 1 1/2 cups ground sausage
- 1/2 cup onions , chopped
- 1 cup spinach leaves , frozen
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place down the bacon.
- Cook bacon until crispy, about 15-20 minutes.
- While bacon is cooking cook up the sausage and make sure you chop it with the spatula as cooking.
- Once the sausage is fully cooked remove from the pan and add in the onions and spinach.
- Cook until onions are tender.
- Remove the bacon from the oven allow to cool and then crumble.
- Reduce oven temparture to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl crack all of the eggs and mix up with the milk, salt, and pepper.
- Grease a muffin tin with butter and place in the sausage, spinach and onions, eggs, and then top with most of the bacon.
- Put the muffin tin into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the eggs are no longer runny.
- Top some with the extra bacon and cheese.
- Pop back into the oven to allow cheese to melt.
- Remove from oven, serve and enjoy!
Want more bacon recipes? Try our Cheesy Bacon Potatoes!
Want more sausage recipes? Try our Easy Sausage Stuffing and Leftover Stuffing Muffins