Want an avocado smoothie, but you also just want to enjoy a bowl of ice cream? Well, you can with our Cherry Avocado Smoothie Bowl! We’re so excited to partner with Produce for Kids & ACME Markets. You could even enjoy this as a Cherry Smoothie Recipe, not in a bowl 🙂
The weather here has been crazy. One day it’s nice and sunny, the next it’s freezing and rainy! Today we wanted to make a quick and easy breakfast and thought what’s easier than a smoothie bowl? My toddler loves to eat “ice cream” for breakfast. She’s got an strong sweet tooth from her mommy and daddy. We try to use naturally sweet foods to enjoy instead of indulge all the time.
We love Cherries so we picked up some frozen cherries as they’re not in season right now. We chose Earthbound Organic Frozen Cherries.
We tend to buy a TON of avocado, especially when on sale. We love getting Avocados from Mexico (Hass Avocados). Whenever we find a great sale we actually freeze them. I cut them open and chop up to freeze. I place them in ziploc bags so it’s easy to add to smoothies or recipes. They stay green too! 🙂
Giving produce to your kids at a young age and really letting letting them know about produce is truly important. We aren’t scared of colors like green, orange or even brown. We love all colors of fruits and vegetables. Color is fun and doesn’t need to be artificial! 🙂 Healthy eating at a young age is extremely important. If I gave my toddler pancakes, cereal and muffins, that’s all she would know. Instead we’ve given her things like oat free quinoa oatmeal, strawberry banana ice cream (nice cream), and healthy mac and cheese that is GREEN!
- 1/2-3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 avocado , frozen
- 1 banana , frozen
- 1/2 cup cherries , frozen
- chia seeds
- hemp hearts
- mini chocolate chips
- frozen cherries
Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smoothie.
Pour into a bowl and top as desired.
We’re all about helping kids in the kitchen so that’s why we’re excited to have partnered with Produce for Kids and ACME Markets to share their newest campaign. Everyone needs food and we hope that we can help again this year. Let’s help them raise funds for for local Feeding America® food banks! You can also get healthy meal solutions, recipes and tips from Produce for Kids & ACME.
Local food banks include:
- Community Foodbank of New Jersey
- The FoodBank of Monmouth and Ocean Counties, Inc.
- Maryland Food Bank
- Food Bank for Westchester
- Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York
- Connecticut Food Bank
- Food Bank of Delaware
- Food Bank of South Jersey
You can support the 10 fresh fruit and vegetable suppliers who are helping sponsor too!
- Avocados from Mexico Mexican Hass Avocados
- Earthbound Farm®
- Eat Smart® Fresh Cut Vegetables
- Fresh Express® Packaged Salads
- Kings River Packing California Citrus
- Maries® Dressings
- RealSweet® Vidalia® Onions
- Setton Farms® Pistachios
- To-¬Jo Mushrooms
- Wholly Guacamole®
The annual Produce for Kids campaign is taking place at all ACME Markets now through June 2. Be on the lookout out for the Produce for Kids logo near participating fresh produce to find out how you can make a difference! Last year, ACME Markets & Produce for Kids donated over 170,000 meals to Feeding America! Find out how easy it is to help end hunger in America.
For full details visit ProduceForKids.com/ACME
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Zucchini Meatballs // Momma Lew
- Strawberry Lime Ice Pops // Baby Loving Mama
- Strawberry and Avocado Salsa // We’re Parents
- Edible Mother’s Day Gifts // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Dessert Tacos // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Perfect for Brunch Blintz Souffle // Vegging at the Shore
- 3 Ingredient Strawberry Rhubarb Fruit Leather // O’Boy! Organic
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake Popsicles // Can’t Google Everything