This chicken quesadillas recipe is so easy to make and you could bake it in your oven or fry it in a pan. No wrong way to enjoy and you’ll be surprised how easy it is to make this chicken quesadillas recipe from scratch. 🙂
My family loves spice and we love tacos. We’ll often make taco chicken breasts and then chop it up to use in recipes throughout the week in our meal plan. I figured that some of our taco chicken meat would be perfect for my mini chef to make chicken quesadillas! That’s right, we use our taco seasoning mix recipe for our chicken quesadilla seasoning too! Don’t like chicken? Turn it into a beef quesadillas recipe by using chopped up ground beef or even some grilled steak with the taco seasoning.
If you wanted to make this a vegetarian quesadilla recipe you could follow our healthy burrito recipe which is completely vegetarian and vegan!
We prep our vegetables right after purchasing so we already had chopped onions and peppers. We simply cooked them in a pan with a little coconut oil and taco seasoning and then paired it with the chicken.
She snuck a piece of chicken! Crazy to think she was highly allergic to chicken the first 3 years of her life!
My mini chef loves cheese so she piled on as much as she could, ha! These chicken quesadillas can’t be made wrong, you could put in whatever you like.
I actually like to put spinach in mine and she loves just the chicken, onions, peppers and cheese. Sometimes we’ll even put in some sliced mushrooms, but she’s been picking those out lately, kids.. 😉
This recipe is a great appetizer for everyone to enjoy and it’s such a simple recipe for your toddler or child to make on their own or with a little help from mom or dad.
Serve and enjoy as desired. We love using salsa and whole milk greek yogurt. 🙂
- 4 Flour Tortillas
- 1 Baked Chicken Breast Chopped , (we seasoned ours with our taco seasoning)
- 1 cup of cooked peppers
- 1/4 cup cooked onions
- 1 cup of desired cheese , we used a Mexican blend and mozzarella.
- Salsa and Greek Yogurt for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and then lay down two flour tortillas.
- Top tortillas with chicken, peppers, onions and cheese.
- Place another tortilla on top and bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese is fully melted.
- Serve with desired toppings. We like greek yogurt and salsa!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Perfect Guacamole Recipe // Momma Lew
- Patriotic Pudding Cookies // Finding Zest
- Caramel Banana Ice Cream // We’re Parents
- Korean Tacos Crockpot Recipe // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Minnie’s Cucumber Salad // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Make Your Own Trail Mix // Vegging at the Shore
- Ice Cream Making with Kids // O’Boy! Organic
- Razzmatazz Iced Lemonade // My Mini Adventurer