This healthy burrito recipe is not only filling, but it’s also vegan! Filled with peppers, onions, chickpeas, seasoning and quinoa rice.
I am burrito OBSESSED! This healthy burrito recipe is super easy to whip up and it’s great for the whole family. I love making a huge batch of quinoa rice once a week and then we use it to pair with dinner, in omelets, wraps, and burritos!
You could easily stuff more into this burrito recipe, but we like to keep it simple and clean. A wrap, some veggies, quinoa rice, and then our vegan protein of choice, chickpeas. When you’re cooking we highly recommend that you use coconut oil. It’s a great way to cook your food and it’s vegan too!
There’s refined and virgin coconut oil. If you don’t like the taste of coconut we suggest you go for the refined. Below are the ones we recommend from our affiliate amazon.
I’m a huge fan of chickpeas and could eat them every day. My husband is super picky and actually hates chickpeas, but loves them in this recipe and our Mediternian rice pilaf!
Even my mini chef loves this healthy burrito recipe. It’s good cold or hot. We usually make a big batch and roll them up and save for lunches. We make them and save for 2-3 days. They don’t last too long in this house because they’re sooo good! My husband loves the ease of just taking it to work and having it for lunch.
Optional add-ins my husband likes are tomatoes and lettuce.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cups of peppers, sliced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- quinoa + rice
- In a large skillet heat up the onions and peppers with coconut oil.
- Once the peppers and onions are slightly tender add in the chickpeas and seasoning.
- Cook until the chickpeas are warm.
- Heat up your quinoa rice and warm up your tortillas.
- Spread the quinoa rice onto the tortillas and top with the chickpea veggie mixture.
- Wrap up, serve, and enjoy!
Don’t want vegan? Try our Chicken Burrito Recipe