Our easy chicken burritos are the best baked chicken burrito recipe we’ve made! If you love one sheet pan recipes, one sheet pan recipes, you’ll love this one dish recipe! Cook the chicken breasts in the oven and put all the toppings with it. No need to search for “burritos near me”. Instead, make our easy chicken burritos that take less than an hour from oven to table. Plus you can feed a crowd or your family for days!
The burrito places near me aren’t affordable at all. You’re looking at $8+ for just one burrito. Our easy chicken burrito recipe will last for 3 days! This lasts us 3 days since we’re a family of three. You could easily bulk up by adding in rice, corn and beans! In fact when we do meatless Monday we’ll actually nix the chicken and do the corn, rice, and beans.
The total cost is $18.53 and you’re not going to even use all the ingredients for this one recipe. You’ll have leftover yogurt and cheddar most likely.
- $1.99 head of lettuce
- $2.99 block of cheddar
- $1.99 flour tortillas
- $4.99 rotisserie chicken
- $.59 red onion
- $2.99 bag of frozen sliced peppers
- $2.99 greek yogurt (more if you splurge for organic)
- $2.49 salsa
That’s a lot of food and just about $20! That is less than what most people spend on one night out. Crazy right? If you don’t want to have this for dinner 3 nights you could easily bring it to work or send your spouse to work with a burrito, YUM!
Chicken Burritos Recipe
click the stars to rate this recipePrint Pin Recipe
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large red onion , sliced
- 1 lb sliced peppers
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 8oz cheddar , shredded
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 iceberg lettuce , shredded
- Take all the meat off the chicken and place into a large skillet with water.
- Heat the chicken on medium low and add in the taco seasoning.
- Allow to cook and just keep on low once water is reduced.
- In another skillet warm up the oil and add in the red onion.
- Once the red onion is cooked down a little add in the peppers.
- In a large baking dish place down the onions and peppers, chicken, and salsa.
- Bake for 15 minutes in a 350 degree oven covered with tinfoil.
- After 15 minutes remove the foil and top with half of the cheddar cheese.
- Warm the tortillas while the cheese melts.
- Assemble the tortillas with desired toppings like greek yogurt (sour cream), more shredded cheddar cheese and lettuce.
The nutritional information is automatically calculated and can vary based ingredients and products used. If the nutrition numbers are important for you we recommend calculating them yourself.
Hubby enjoys more meat and veggies and I enjoy more lettuce! The best thing about burritos is you can stuff them with whatever you like! My daughter loves them with lettuce, cheese and chicken only. No wrong way to enjoy them! 🙂
This is a great meal for entertaining as well. It will feed at least 10 people easily and like I said you can bulk up with cheaper ingredients to really stretch the meal. This is just one of our favorite meals when I’m feeling a little lazy and it’s so good! My hubby and I love burritos and tacos so this is always a hit. He will even eat these cold! I prefer to have them warm, but they’re really good either way. 🙂