Make these delicious decorated Chocolate Covered Apples to celebrate the release of Escape from the Isle of the Lost! This post is brought to you by our partnership with Disney Book Group.
If you’ve already read the first three Disney Descendants books you’re going to love the newest addition to the series, Escape from the Isle of the Lost, which is in stores now!
Released ahead of the third Disney Channel Original Movie this summer, the fourth book in the #1 New York Times best-selling Descendants series continues the adventures of everyone’s favorite villain kids! Author Melissa de la Cruz is the best-selling author of many other novels too, including her Blue Bloods series and the Witches of East End.
Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos may have once been the worst of the worst, but their wicked ways are pretty much behind them. Now they’re looking forward to graduation, but before that happens they have an epic plan to put into action! There are other villain kids eager for their chance to come to Auradon Prep, -even Celia, Dr. Facilier’s trickster daughter, wants in on the deal!—and Mal’s crew is using their upcoming visit to the Isle to help make it happen.Uma, however, is desperate to get her revenge against Mal- will she?
When Uma discovers an underground lair that belongs to Hades, God of the underworld, she realizes she finally has her partner in crime to try to defeat Mal! Together they can finally bring down the barrier and escape the Isle once and for all! Mal and Uma have this score to settle and they will come face to face in an epic underwater in a battle to determine the fates of Auradon and the Isle of the Lost!
How to make Chocolate Covered Apples Inspired by Disney Descendants
These Hades-inspired chocolate covered apples are fun to decorate and even great for parties where the kids can decorate themselves. For parties, we recommend having the chocolate covered apples mostly prepped so kids can just add the colored chocolate and sprinkles if they’d like.
Place the chocolate apples onto a piece of parchment paper for easy cleanup.
First, we melted semi-sweet chocolate, white chocolate, blue chocolate, and purple chocolate. We then dipped the apples into semi-sweet chocolate, making sure they’re fully covered.
With our spoons, we drizzled the apples with the white, blue, and purple chocolates to get that fun texture.
Add any sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet if you want them.
Let the chocolate fully harden before moving.
Once the apples are fully dry, you can add some pearl dust to make them extra sparkly!
Now you can slice and enjoy! Snack on them while you dig into your new book, Escape from the Isle of the Lost. What a treat!
Chocolate Covered Apples Inspired by Disney Descendants
- 4 apples granny smith or fuji
- 2 cup dark chocolate melted
- 1/2 cup white chocolate melted
- 1/2 cup blue chocolate melted
- 1/2 cup purple chocolate melted
- Melt all of the chocolate in microwave safe bowls in 30 second intervals stirring in between until completely melted.
- Place the apples onto sticks and then swirl in the dark chocolate.
- Place the chocolate apples onto a piece of parchment paper to dry before decorating with more chocolate layers.
- With spoons or piping bags, drizzle the apples with the white, blue, and purple chocolates to get that fun texture.
- Add any sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet if you want them and then place onto the parchment paper.
- Let the chocolate fully harden before moving.
- Once the apples are fully dry, you can add some pearl dust to make them extra sparkly!
- Now you can slice and enjoy!